"That's impossible..."

Start from the beginning

I slipped my shoes off and ran into the water. My feet were starting to numb from the cold, but I didn't care. I hugged my half-giant friend, trying to comfort him the best that I could. Before long, Harry, Ron, and Hermione came into the water and joined the hug, turning it into one big group hug.

<><><><><>

"Cass, Cassi, wake up!" someone whispered, waking me from my sleep. I opened my eyes to see Harry standing over me, with the Marauders' Map in one hand and his lit wand in his other hand.

"Any particular reason why you woke me up at...probably 2 in the morning?" I inquired, trying to sound mad but failing due to exhaustion.

Harry held up the map for me to see. "I was reading the map, and then I saw Peter Pettigrew appear."

I shook my head. "How is that possible? He can't appear on the map if he's dead."

"I thought the same thing. But the map says otherwise," he said. "Come on. Come with me." He pulled me out of bed.

"Why? Where are we going?" I asked.

Harry looked back at me for just a moment. "To look for Pettigrew."

I rolled my eyes, but put on my slippers and followed him anyway. We snuck out of the portrait hole and down one of the corridors, using only the map as a guide so we could see where Pettigrew was going. Or, at least, where he was.

"Put that light out," one of the paintings on the wall ordered when Harry accidentally pointed his wand in its direction.

"Sorry," Harry apologized, pointing his wand back at the map.

I glanced over his shoulder, to see that Pettigrew was coming towards us. But how? I couldn't see him in front of us, not in the dark corridor. The only sign indicating his presence was his footsteps appearing on the map. I panicked a little as he got closer and closer. We looked around to see where he was, only to get a little scare when we turned towards a mirror. Harry jumped, trying to hold back a scream, while I clung to his arm like it was a lifeline. With my free hand, I lit my wand, pointing it around the corridor.

"Watch it there, you two. We're trying to sleep here," another painting complained, making me point my wand elsewhere.

We both looked at the map again, and saw Pettigrew had disappeared, but something worse was coming our way. Professor Snape. Oh, no! He was probably patrolling the corridors tonight, which meant that if Harry and I were caught, we were so dead.

"Mischief Managed," Harry whispered, pointing his wand at the map. It became blank.

"Nox," we both whispered. The light emitted from our wands was extinguished, and we were surrounded in darkness...for all of two measly seconds.

"Potters. What are you doing, wandering the corridors at night?" Snape asked us, pointing his lit wand straight at us.

"I was sleepwalking," Harry lied.

"And you?" Snape questioned, making eye contact with me.

"He, uh, dragged me out here...when he was sleepwalking," I fibbed, fidgeting with my fingers.

"Extraordinarily like your father. He, too, was exceedingly arrogant, strutting about the castle," Snape remarked.

"Our dad didn't strut. And nor do we," Harry snapped.

"Now, if you don't mind, we would appreciate it if you could lower your wand," I added.

Snape complied, lowering his wand. The bulging pocket of Harry's hoodie caught his attention. "Turn out your pockets," he demanded.