Breakfast at the Weasley's

Start from the beginning

"Yes, dear. It was on the cat," Mrs. Weasley replied.

Once the girl caught sight of Harry and I, her eyes grew as wide as saucers.

"Hello," Harry said, trying to be polite. I waved as well.

The girl backed up -- still with widened eyes -- and ran back upstairs. Harry and I looked at Ron, confused as to what'd just happened.

"What'd we do?" Harry asked.

"Did we hurt her feelings?" I added.

Ron shook his head. "You did nothing. It's Ginny- she's been talking about you guys all summer. Bit annoying, really," he told us.

"Morning, Weasleys," a man called out as he came in through the back door.

"Morning, Dad," the Weasley boys answered at the same time as Mrs. Weasley said, "Morning, Arthur." The man wore a cloak over his clothes, and a pointed hat sat atop his head. When he took it off, revealing his receding ginger hair, I knew immediately that this was Mr. Weasley. "What a night- nine raids! Nine!" he said, putting away the books and papers he'd been carrying.

"Raids?" Harry and I repeated, confused.

"Dad works at the Ministry of Magic, in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts office. Dad loves Muggles. Thinks they're fascinating," Ron explained to me and Harry.

Mr. Weasley sat down at the head of the table. That's when he looked over and saw Harry and I sitting right by him. "And who are you two?" he asked.

For a moment, Harry had a blank look on his face. But he shook it off quickly after I nudged his leg under the table. "Oh. Sorry, sir. I'm Harry, sir. Harry Potter," he introduced himself.

"And I'm Cassia Potter," I added, "His sister." I pointed at Harry as I said it.

"Good lord, are you really?" Mr. Weasley asked, "Well, Ron's told us all about you, of course. When did they get here?"

"This morning," Mrs. Weasley answered, turning to face him. "Your sons took Harry's sister and flew that enchanted car of yours to Surrey and back last night."

"Did you really? How'd it go?" Mr. Weasley asked, clearly intrigued. A smack on the arm from his wife shut him up. "I mean...that was very wrong indeed, boys. Very wrong of you," he scolded his sons. When Mrs. Weasley wasn't looking, he winked at them. "Now, Harry, you must know all about Muggles," he said, making eye contact with Harry and I again. "Tell me, what exactly is the function of a rubber duck?"

"Oh, uh..." Harry started to answer, before the sound of an owl screeching in the distance cut him off. We all looked to the window to see an owl flying towards us.

"Oh, that'll be Errol with the post," Mrs. Weasley commented.

Since Errol didn't stop once he reached the window, he crashed into the glass -- luckily, he didn't break it -- and fell to the ground, making me cringe. That had to hurt.

"Fetch it, will you, Percy?" Mrs. Weasley asked.

Percy went to the window and opened it. Errol flew inside, holding a bunch of letters in his beam.

"Errol?" Harry asked.

"He's always doing that," said Ron.

"Oh, look, it's our Hogwarts letters," Percy reported, after opening the envelopes.

"Oh," Mrs. Weasley said.

"And they've sent us Harry's and Cassia's as well," Percy added.

"Dumbledore must know the two of you are here," Mr. Weasley commented, looking at Harry and I again. "Doesn't miss a trick, that man."

"No, he doesn't," I agreed, cracking a smile.

"This lot won't come cheap, Mum. The spell books alone are very expensive," Fred informed Mrs. Weasley as we read the supply lists for this year. Pretty much the only things that we needed were a new set of books; obviously the Standard Book of Spells (Grade 2), but the rest of our books that we needed were all written by a guy called Gilderoy Lockhart.

"We'll manage," Mrs. Weasley assured us, looking up from what I guessed was either Ron's list or Ginny's list for her first year. "There's only one place we're going to get all of this. Diagon Alley."

<><><><><>

We all gathered around the fireplace, wearing cloaks over our clothes

We all gathered around the fireplace, wearing cloaks over our clothes. Percy, Fred, George, Ron, Harry, and I all had the Gryffindor emblem on ours. Ginny's was purple, while Mr. and Mrs. Weasley had dark green and brown.

Mrs. Weasley picked up what looked like a flowerpot, which had this weird grey powder inside it. "Alright, Harry, you and Cassia go first, dears," she said, beckoning us to come forward. Neither of us moved.

"But Harry and Cass have never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum," Ron objected.

Harry and I looked at him in confusion. "Floo powder?" we both asked.

"Oh. Well, you go first, Ron, so they can see how it's done," Mrs. Weasley said. She beckoned him over. "In you go, dear."

Ron went into the fireplace, ducking his head along the way. He took a handful of the powder and shouted, "Diagon Alley!" He threw the powder down as green flames engulfed him. Mr. Weasley held a hand in front of Ginny to cover her eyes -- the flames were blinding!

"You see? It's quite easy, dears. Don't be afraid. Come on," Mrs. Weasley encouraged us.

"I can go first, if you want," I offered, looking at Harry.

Harry put up a hand to stop me. "No, no. It's fine. I'll go first," he said.

"Alright," I conceded, "But please be careful."

"I will," Harry assured me, giving my hand a squeeze. He walked up to the fireplace.

"In you go," Mrs. Weasley instructed. He did, making sure to duck so he wouldn't hit his head. He tentatively reached out and took a handful of Floo powder. "That's it. Very good," Mrs. Weasley told him, "Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly."

"Diagonally," Harry stuttered, dropping the powder at his feet. The bright green flames popped up and seemed to swallow him as he disappeared.

Mrs. Weasley looked back at her husband. "What did he say, dear?" she asked.

"Diagonally," he replied.

"I thought he did," she muttered. Oh, boy. That can't be good.