Chapter LI

LI.

'Don't ever take your demons, but always keep 'em on a leash...' Arisonits lullaby by Hozier

Maria.

"He's alive, Maria." Louis told me swiftly, he sounded worried but ecstatic all at the same time.

It was as if the world spun too quickly around me, my senses being attached with whiplash in such a short amount of time.

"If this is some sick joke Louis, you aren't being funny!" I yell at him through the phone. I knew it couldn't be a joke. That was his best friend and I knew there was no way in hell he would joke about such a sensitive topic.

"No, god no." He yells back, equally as loud. His tone showed that he was offended and rightfully so. I wanted to apologise but my blood was buzzing through my veins too quickly, and all I could think about was Harry. "Zayn is already on his way to get you."

"Zayn?" I question, definitely unimpressed.

"He feels guilty, Maria. He wants to apologise. I told him if you weren't here in the next fifteen minutes then I'd make sure his racing days are over." He reassured me. God, forget Zayn, Harry was alive.

"How? How is he alive Louis?"

"I will answer all your questions as soon as you get here." He spoke frantically. "He's keeps asking for you, in his sleep." He knew I was here? No he couldn't. But I spoke to him, maybe he heard.

My heart fluttered at the sound of those words. He wanted me.

"I will be there as soon as possible." I say my farewell to Louis and decide it'd be better if I put my shoes, getting ready for Zayn's arrival.

"Listen Ma, I've got to go. I will phone you later okay? Okay bye. I love you." I say quickly into the phone as soon as I hear a horn beep outside of the house door. I didn't even give my mother the chance to reply before I shut the phone and speed out of the door. Locking it behind me, of course.

It was nerving to think I would be met face to face with Zayn again, since flashes of his arm holding me up against the wall caused me to shiver. I tried to sit in the car without actually having to look at his face, and it seemed as though he realised that I was trying anything but to have any kind of connection towards him.

"Look, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to lose my temper on you. It's just when you told I wasn't family because I left him it hurt me and I knew that I was wrong but I didn't want to admit it. It was so wrong of me to lay a finger on you." He starts as soon as he pulls out of the driveway and down the road. "I honestly just  thought you were some random chick obsessed with Harry, because you know it's Harry. Louis told me everything, you know after another punch here and there." He chuckled to himself lightly. "Um, but anyway I realised that I should be congratulating you since you know, Harry is one tough bastard. But I also wanted to apologise for my wild behaviour."

"Even if I was some random chick you still did not have the right to lay a finger on me." I grit at my teeth, keeping eyes glued to the road leading me to the man that has now become my salvation.

"I know, I know. But I'm sorry, there is nothing else I could do or say to take away what I did. So I would be highly grateful if we could just move past it and you know, start a friendship? I would like that." He says, and I can hear full sincerity in his voice. He was either really sorry, or just a good liar.