Chaper XXXIII

XXXIII.

'And if it feels right, promise I don't mind. And if it feels right, promise I will stay here all night. Just let me love you...' Let me love you by Ariana Grandé

Maria.

The laminated floor underneath my soft skin seemed to wake me up as I made my way into the the dining room. To say I was nervous seeing everyone was an understatement, considering the loud racket caused was over me. However thinking of yesterday, before everything happened, it was a blissful walk with Harry. He lifted me with ease, and didn't diffrensiate a hint of regret. I liked that.

I amble through the door to see only three people sat at the table. My dissapointment evolved, finding that Harry was no where to be seen. I would have asked where Harry was but I knew that would make matters worse, since Hunter was already sending me glares, as if he knew the root of my thoughts.

Breakfast seemed to be laid out on the table as I reached it. No one had said a word to me since I walked in, and it was nerving thinking of what was going on in their minds. Hunter dragged himself to walk towards me, and for a second I thought I would have a mini heart attack (not the butterflies that were expected but the anxiety that he would call me out in front of everyone).

"Um... Can I speak to you?" Hunter spoke, softly. His hand coming up to rub the nape of his neck, in nervousness. I give him a slight nod, beckoning him to continue. "Alone?" This time he leads me out of the dining room and into the living room, the silence was seeming to envelope us in our own void.

Suddenly my nerves started to kick in. "What's up?" I say, instantly regreting my speech since this is obviously going to be so much of a serious talk.

"Uh- listen. Last night, I'm really sorry. I guess I must have lost it when I saw him in our room and he was just staring at you. I'm so sorry-" He rambled, before I cut him.

"It's fine, honestly." I cup his face in my hands.

"I want to take you out. Show you how much I love you, because I do. I love you." I start to giggle at his nervousness.

"Okay." I say and he repeats , my word in a whisper. That is until I remember last night. "Oh god- I'm sorry I can't." I articulate, speedily.

He shoots up immediately, obviously not expecting my rejection "What? Why?"

"I promised Harry he could take me out today, so we could hang out." I phonate cautiously. Knowing that Harry and Hunter weren't really on good terms right now, Hunter was never going to approve of this. But hell, I'm a grown woman and I make my own decisions. I will do what I want.

"So you are dropping the first oppurtunity I give to actually go out and be together, for my brother. Are you being serious?"

"The first opportunity! Do you hear yourself? There shouldn't have to be an opportunity." I scoff in disbelief. "Is our relationship an opportunity?" I say, feeling a pang of hurt when he doesn't answer me. "Okay then, what opportunities are you getting from our one year relationship? Huh?"

"Jesus! I didn't mean it like that. Why are you taking whatever I say out of context?" He groaned in frustration.

"I'm not going anywhere with you, and don't talk to me until you've sorted yourself out." Hunter kicks at the sofa near him, just as I leave the room.

"Are you okay?" I hear a deep voice call from behind me. "I heard the racket."

Instinctively, I smile, knowing that a concered head of curls was standing behind me. "Yeah I'm fine, he's just being stubborn. How about you? Did you sleep okay last night?"