Chapter XXXIX

XXXIX.

'But I see it on your face, when you say that he's the one that you want, and you're spending all your time in this wrong situation...' ~ Treat you better by Shawn Mendes

Maria.

The more I had resisted the more he pulled me back, there is was no denying it now. It was real. This was all too real.

"That felt so good." He sighs, pulling back.

"For someone who pretends to hate people, you are so very romantically sentimental." I giggle against his lips.

"I am not romantic, nor am I sentimental." He tries to persuade me. Though I know him better than he thinks. "I can't stay away from you, and neither can you stay away from me. What to do?" He speaks after a long silence, and a heavy sigh.

"I'm not sure Harry, but I know that if we tell Hunter, or even your parents, we are screwed." I say, brushing at the curls on his forehead.

"We are screwed either way, Maria."

"We should really make our way inside... Hunter is waiting for me." I say softly; I don't want to trigger the moody side of him.

"Let's at least have sex first." I raise my eye brow at him.

"Come on." He just nods along and follows behind me, a puppy pout following. It was cute really, I would tell him that but he would get upset.

Harry.

That was pretty damn extravagant of me.

In no circumstance has a girl ever made me feel so vulnerable. This wasn't like before. Something that was meant to be just a little petty forbidden fling has now turned into an amateur love story adventure. This is ridiculous.

Walking into the club was the same as before. The aroma was unchanged. Same old horny guys grinding up against women that were most likely taken. I would know.

When we reach our table everyone is staring at us as if we had grown two heads in the making. I made a scene but I don't fucking care what they think. But then again when have I ever? Those I call my friends are just there when I need them to be otherwise, I don't really care where they are. Unless you are my pit crew, which include of my closest friends, which actually mean something to me.

"Are you okay?" Darcy is by my side in two seconds. I look back to see Maria making her way back to her seat, next to Hunter.

"Yeah I'm fine." I answer her, shortly.

I sit back in my original space next to Maria and carry on with the night.

"How are you actually feeling?" Maria asks me.

"I don't even know. Happy? Pissed?" I was the worst person to answer a question. I hated it. It was so damn annoying, because I don't really want to be answering a stupid damn question. But the look on Maria's face and I was ready to answer any question she had for me.

"You're so difficult." She chuckles. "I'm happy too." I feel her hand reach for mine underneath the table.

"I'm sad you didn't take me up on my offer of sex." I pout again, causing her to chuckle.

"Stop being like that." She swats at my arm.

"Like what?" I try to act as innocent as I can. It was fucking hard, because I know I'm a hard man.