Chapter XVIII

XVIII.

'There is a humming in the restless summer air, and were slipping off the course that we prepared.' Glory and Gore by Lorde

Maria.

"Fuck you, Harry." I mutter looking down, as if I'm researching the ground closely. "Can we just go back to the beach house? I want to see if Hunter is back."

Lifting my head up, I stare into his confused emerald eyes. Harry let's go of me, stepping back to increase the distant between us. "It was only a joke, Maria."

"I'm not up for McDonalds, anyways. Can we just go back?"

"Fine." He grumbled, walking towards the driving seat.

I couldn't help feeling glum, I was tired and stressed. I just wanted to curl into my bed and sleep forever. I hadn't really done much at the beach, yet I was exhausted. I was encourged to enter the ocean a couple of times, obviously by Louis, and I did go in once.

Yanking the passenger door open, I slide onto the soft material, my back automatically resting back. I let out a great sigh, running my hands through my uncombed knots. The drivers' seat door flinging open, as Harry sat down, a deep grimace on his face. He slams the door shut, shoving the keys to start ignition.

His whole gesticulative form of body language indicating that he was fuming. However I was too tired to care, we both made it clear by our tones that we were not exactly fond of each other. I don't know about Harry, but I knew I wasn't. Whatever I felt towards him was lust, and I regretted my bodies reaction to him. Though I did not have any ounce of power over that.

The ride to the beach house was mostly silent, just the melodic sound of the radio playing in the background. I tapped my feet to the music, looking out of the window. I would feel Harry glance at me, here and there, yet I tested myself not to pay any further attention to him.

When I was alert that we were driving up the drive way of the house I quickly unbuckled my seat belt, ready to leave the awkward confinment I was trapped in with Harry. As Hunter's car comes to a halt I push the door open, grasping my bag over my shoulders. Ambulating towards the door, I knock, standing for someone to answer. Harry comes up from behind me, ready to push the key in the key hole, but was stopped as the door was pulled open.

The sight of Hunter's smile expanding, as we made eye contact, made my stomach do flips. "Darling." Hunter lunged to bear hug me. "I missed you." Harry grunted, pushing past us, stomping off up the stairs.

"I missed you, too." I giggled, nuzzling my head deeper into Hunter's neck. I took a quick glance at the stairs, but Harry was already gone.

"Where are mum and dad?" Hunter questioned, pushing me lightly in order to see my face.

"They went to Harry Ramsdens after the beach. Harry didn't want it so he promised McDonalds, but I didn't want that either. I'm starving." Hunter nodded, chuckling as I pouted.

I wouldn't tell him why I didn't bother with McDonalds, it would be useless for them to fight over another rude remark made by Harry. Also, I like happy Hunter. I looked at Hunter, his brows furrowed, as if he was concentrated.

"What's the matter?" I questioned.

"How about you and I go out for dinner then?" I nodded vigorously, wrapping my arms around his neck. "However, I'm thinking of also bringing Harry."

I looked at Hunter, completely baffled. My nose scrunched as I spoke. "Why?"

"Because I want to try, again. Come on let's ask him." Hunter started pulling me up the stairs, towards Harry's room.

Hunter knocked, thrice, until the door opened. A scowl still imprinted along with his furrowed eyes. I could just sense his annoyance, seeing me and Hunter wrapped together in front of him. "What?"

"We were wondering if you would like to come to dinner with us?" Hunter asked politely, bringing his hand up to awkwardly rub his nape.

He looked at me then back at Hunter. "With you? No." He slammed the door shut, making me jolt in surprise.

"Polla." I whisper under my breath.

I turned to Hunter to see his head hung low. He shook it, chuckling lightly. "Why would I think he would agree."

"How about you wait downstairs for me? I will see if I can do anything." I reasoned, but Hunter still ended up shaking his head.

"No point." He shrugged.

"Let me at least try." I plead, not because I want Harry to come but because it might make Hunter happy. Wether I feel this isn't going to end well, it did not matter.

"Okay." Hunter breathed eventually walking the down the stairs. Leaving me to stare at the wooden door, leaving me to think of how to start. Me and Harry didn't exactly leave on great terms.

I knocked on the solid again, waiting patiently until the door swung open for the second time. Harry groaned, attempting to shut the door again before I placed my foot in front. I forced the door open, inviting myself in.

"What the fuck? Get out." Harry hissed, pointing to the door I just closed.

"No, just listen. I know we aren't exactly on great terms, but just listen." I looked at him with desperation in my eyes. He just stared, which I took as a queue to continue. "Hunter is really trying. He wants his brother back, though he hasn't told me clearly, I can just tell. I don't know what happened, but I do know that a bond between siblings is much greater than anything. As much as you may despise each other now, you can not deny that you still care for him. Don't act like you've never cared for anyone, you just end up pushing people away."

"Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do. I know where me and Hunter stand, and his betrayal will therefore cost him a life time to earn his trust back. So do not tell me what's best, for me. I know for myself." He growls, stepping closer in a sign of intimidation.

"That's just it. Your pushing people away and you always seem to think you are right. It doesn't always work like that Harry." I retorted, stepping closer to him. He rolls his eyes, pushing his curls back in frustration. "The point is: Hunter is trying so please, if you have any decent quality in your body, just co-operate. I understand it will not all happen over night but dinner is a start." I reached forward, my hand coming up to rub the bare skin of his arm. "So, you in?"

"Fine. Although my- dear- brother will have the privilege to pay for my whole dinner." I squeal, lacing my arms around Harry, embracing him in a warm and tight heart-felt hug. Harry then awkwardly reciprocates my actions, but gently as if he was scared of this type of affection.

"Thank you." I whisper leaning in to kiss his cheek.

a/n

Hey guys, I'm just really bummed right now that I couldn't get the gcse result that I wanted. But I wanted to update go get my mind off everything. I am probably going to be re-doing my exams. I have some horrible news. My parentx are taking away my phone and tablet, which means I can't post as often. But I promise as soon as I can I will, because I love writing.

So anywayz this is going to be one hell of a year for me.

Wish me luck

Pleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaasssssse don't be a ghost reader. Please vote xx

~FineMelodyxx