Chapter II

II.

'You've been taking up my mind with your little white lies...' ~ Little White Lies by One Direction

Maria.

"I can explain." Hunter quickly says. I manoeuvred myself out of his grip, my eyes continuously staring into Hunter's. "I honestly had no idea he was going to be here-"

"I don't care about that. Why did he call you 'brother'?" My hands on my hips, my foot tapping against the ebony laminated floor. My glare started to deepen.

"I can explain that, too." I'm stood extremely confused as he grabs my hand, dragging me up the stairs and into his room. Hunter shuts the door, quietly, and strides towards me. "That's my little brother." He informs.

"No? Really?" I replied, sarcastically. My mouth falling open, in such fake surprise. I might have been over-reacting, yet I was hurt. If that was a way to justify it. It stung knowing he did not trust me enough with a huge ounce of his personal life.

"Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you. But I just couldn't." He replies, desperately trying to make me understand.

"Why?" I pushed him.

I'm not going to be left in the dark, especially when I should know such things. It comes in the package of being in a serious relationship. I can't believe he didn't tell me something this big. How can you keep that from someone you love.

"I don't see how it's so hard to tell me you have a sibling." My frustration was growing by the second. Also, because my anger and confusion were growing, I didn't really want to be near Hunter, as of right now at least.

"You won't understand. Not just yet." I lift my hands up in disbelief.

"You know what, I'm just going to go help your mother with dinner." I gave up on trying. It was useless, and quite obvious he wouldn't explain it to me. Not yet. "Unbelievable." I muttered to myself.

"Babe-" He was cut off. I barged past him, trudging out of his room and down the stairs. I walked towards the kitchen to see Anne stuffing the chicken meat.

"Hey, Anne, want some help with anything?" I asked casually, as if nothing had happened upstairs with her son.

"Yes, please. Can you please peel the potatoes for the roast? Some people just aren't decent enough to do anything." She scowled.

"I heard that!" A deep voice shouted from the living room. The kitchen was an open plan; so you could see the living room from the kitchen as if it was one room. The dining room was attached to the living room, so the food was easy to bring out.

I grabbed the potatoes and started peeling each one whilst thinking a million things over, at once. I think I had peeled at least ten large potatoes. We are feeding at least five people, so ten should be enough.

Hunter's brother was sat watching, God knows what, on the TV. I wasn't even introduced properly, so I have no idea what his name is.

I could hear foot steps making their way down from the stairs. Hunter entered the living room, immediately scowling as he takes in the vision of his brother. His brother chuckled, rolling his eyes after, but continued on watching his tv.

I found myself in the living room, hoping to ease the tension between the two brothers. As much as I am angered by Hunter, I still love him, and I'm not going to let him face anything alone.

I walked towards Hunter, holding his forearm as I looked up and smiled at him. He relaxed under my touch, probably thinking I was over my anger fest but I wasn't.

I turned towards Hunter's brother, hoping to finally, properly introduce ourselves.

"Hi I'm Maria, Hunter's girlfriend." I forwarded my hand towards him to shake. He looked at it, then up at my face, then he went back to watching TV. "And you are?" I encouragingly catechised, hoping to be fed with an answer.

"Look, I really don't care for formal introductions or the bonding kind of shit. So if you would just- kindly- move out of my way so I can watch Television you won't even have to try so hard for me to like you." He retreated, while rolling his eyes.

I wouldn't lie at how hard those words hurt me. He made it seem as if I was desperate to try to impress him.

"That's it." Hunter stepped forward and tried to pry out of my grip. He was about to lunge forward at his brother before I held him back, shaking my head, telling him I was fine. His brother just smirked, the most devious and disgusting smirk I've seen. Although, I wouldn't mind Hunter giving him a punch or two. No, I couldn't think like that.

"What on earth is going on in here?" Anne walked in, observing our surroundings. "What did you do now, Harry?" Anne faced towards her younger son. Harry.

"Maria tried to introduce herself- politely- but this pathetic excuse for a human being here was being fucking rude." Anne gasped at Hunters use of language.

"Language, Hunts. You know how mother feels about her 'perfect' son using aspects of a delinquent." Harry mocked his brother.

"I don't even know why you try with him mother. It's been three years and he's still the same old asshole." Hunter huffs at his brothers immature behaviour and his mothers endless efforts in trying with him. "Maria and I are going to go to my room." The stress was clear on his face, and all I want to do was ease it.

I place my hand in his, hiking up the stairs while hearing endless screams of Anne's voice, trying to get her son to straighten up and be polite.

"I'm sorry, Hunter. I should've listened to you. I guess I won't be playing happy families with that fellow then, huh?" I giggled, trying to loosen his amount of stress and uncomfortableness.

"It's fine, babe. You didn't know, and I should've told you before hand. And no. No happy families. You would have to be a freaking genius to better him." He chuckled at the end, making a weight lift off my shoulders as I see him smile.

"I love you." I say gently kissing his soft cheek.

"I love you, too." He pulled me in for a pain relieving hug.

a/n

Hope you vote, comment and enjoy the chapter! I'd love to hear feedback, so please do take the two seconds to vote or comment.

Thank you to the support so far

All the love .xx
~ FineMelodyxx