The Mystery.

"Why all the lights, Jalal?"

Khadeeja had finally agreed to go out with Jalal, on one condition. He brings out the topic of the books one more time, and she takes the next bus home.

"Today is your day, Khadeeja. Today you get to ask me anything you want. I want to grant all your wishes." Jalal smiles.

"I love you Jalal. I just want you to be happy. I always have."

They sat at the corner of the road, one holding the other's, while the other held the ice cream cone from Buckley's Sundaes.

"You know, your brother called me earlier. He wanted to know how you were. I just told him you were at work." Jalal chuckled.

"Alhamdulillah, he cares so much. I haven't talked to him in some time now."

Jalal pulled his face close to hers, their slow breaths in unison now.

"Why not? Haven't had enough time away from me?" He grinned, a twinkle in his eyes.

"Marry me."

"What?"

Khadeeja had asked him the union of them both so blandly, that it sounded like something that will happen in due course of time. Jalal pulled back a little.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

He goes closer to her. Brushes his lips on her ears. "I still don't know why you like me. I've never had time for you" A tear drop falls on her shoulder.

"Because you're the big cute idiot that completes my life." Khadeeja smiles.

"What would I ever do without you?"

"Idk. I hope you don't have to find out." She chuckled. They kissed under the heavy sun, neither giving a care for the rest of the world.

The wedding. K.J. embossed forever in blood on his heart.

-

The books were in front of him, strewn across the table.

At first it was just an obsession, something to fill in the emptiness of life ever since his mother died.

The twinkle in his grandfather's eyes when he spoke of the books had compelled him to find the book of the damned. But now it was different.

Now it was the only way to bring back his reason for living. The only way to rid the guilt.

As soon as he had touched the books he knew all that had happened, and his head was filled with a strange mixture of rage, fear and sadness.

But that would soon be over.

He opened a blood red diary marked To Bring Back the Dead in Latin.

The ring twirled in his fingers. It was time.