Maktub.

"What is a Ramadan Diary, Grampa?"
Jalals eyes are full of innocence, and he hangs lovingly onto Lathif's lap.

Talib, what is this doing in your study?

"Blood attracts blood, Jalal. Hmm, you're not old enough to understand. Grandpa will tell you a bedtime story instead."

I found it in the library. I was just going through it.

"Long, long ago, there lived a King. An evil muslim ruler."

"Ooh, I want to be a King some day Grampa."

"You will, my little prince. This king, was a very bad ruler and tortured all his subjects. Once, a traveler from the north, came to the kingdom and promised to get rid of him."

What are you doing, Talib? Don't you believe?

"He waited till the month of Ramadan. He then performed a lot of experiments in his tent, since day one of Ramadan."

"What's an eggsperimen grampa?"

"Listen now, he did tests in his tent, from day one. He had pledged his soul to Shaitan, and in Ramadan if you give your soul to the dark, it empowers you."

Your father, Zia. Thats why. I never did anything for myself.

"Why, grampa?"

"Because in Ramadan, the shaitans are chained, and pledging your soul helps them to break free. They will live in you, Jalal. You must understand that."

"Okay."

"Then on the thirtieth day of Ramadan, the king was found impaled to the wall by an elephant tusk. His body above the symbol of the pentagram."

"Woaah! Was the traveler a magician?"

Talib, you have to stop.. Because I love you, and doing this changes everything.

"A black magician, dear child. He was taken prisoner by the new king chosen by the people, obviously fearing him, and died in prison 2 years later."

"Oh."

"When his tent was searched, a volume of 7 books regarding black magic written by him were stolen; never to be seen again."

Little Jalal's eyes lit up like fireworks. "The Ramadan Diaries," he half-screamed, half-whispered.

"Shhhh, this will be our little secret."

-