34 | The Thanksgiving Dinner

"What do you wanna do now?" He asked me. We were sitting in the basement-transformed-into-game room. We had already played Billiards and monopoly, and I had won in monopoly, since Dani had no clue how to play and kept having to explain everything. Dani did win in Billiards however.

I had picked all of the pins and took out the elastics from my hair, and my head finally stopped hurting.

Franny stopped by to offer Dani something to drink earlier, and Clark, Uncle Alex and Uncle Robert had all arrived ages ago.

That left only my parents, Cayden and Jessica, who would arrive right on time for dinner; about two hours from now.

"How about a movie?"

He shrugged. "Sure."

I took out the CDs. "Umm, Harry Potter?"

He shook his head. "Too fantasy-ish." I personally enjoyed Harry Potter. I had read every book in the series, and the movies hadn't disappointed either. Up until Cedric's death though. That boy was so fine.

"The Fault in our Stars?"

He rolled his eyes. "Is that even an option. Because I know how this will go down. Guy dies. You end up Crying. Then I have to clean up the mess." Hm, he did have a point there.

"James Bond?"

"Seen 'em all."

"You're so picky." I said to him, throwing a bag of Cheetos at him. Note that it was not opened.

"How about Riddick?" he asked. "Do you have that one?"

"What is it with you guys and action movies?"

"What is it with you girls and all the chick-flicks?" He mocked, emphasizing on the last word to explain his point.

"Hey! You're stereo-typing me!" I said it like it was a crime. Personally, I loved romance movies. He didn't need to know that though.

"You started it." I let the argument die there, not pointing out that he was the one who wanted to watch an action movie in the first place.

"Right." I muttered. I put in the CD and switched on the television.

When I walked back to the couch, Dani asked, "So what did you choose?"

"This means war." I told him. It was a good movie. Plenty of guns and explosions and stuff, but lots of romance too.

Dani opened the packet of Cheetos, and offered some to me. I shook my head, having devoured a bowl of popcorn earlier.

Then, as the movie started, Dani leaned back and put his arm around me. "I hope you don't mind." He said softly.

"Um." I blinked. I didn't have a problem with it at all. In fact, I liked it. "No problem." And since we were so close already, I went ahead and leaned my head into his shoulder.

Hey, I liked the warmth that his body gave off, okay?

Crappy reason, I know.

But did I even need one?

A smile tugged at the corner of his lips, and he went back to watching the movie.

About a quarter through, when Chris Pine and that other guy -Why couldn't I remember his name? - started fighting over Reese Witherspoon, I got a text from Cayden.

We'll be there in an hour. He wrote. BTW, mom and dad just started fighting again.

Great. I switched off my phone. Mom and dad had such perfect timing.