"Are you guys leaving now?"

"It will take some time. Raafay is still sleeping" I said glancing at him. His face looked so calm and content that I almost envied the peace in his sleep.

"Okay ring me up when you start. And have something in route. Don't starve yourself," Mom warned.

"Yes mom," I said smiling about how concerned she is about my diet.

"Take care. Allah hafiz."

"Allah hafiz," I said and ended the call. I sat on my side of the bed waiting for Raafay to wake up but there was no sign of it. I kept Raafay's phone on charging after mine was fully charged.

Sun was now at its peak scorching down on earth but he didn't get up. I thought of playing a prank on him and kept a horrific scream as my ringtone and kept my phone beside his ear. As I called it from his cell a loud scream engulfed the room and he literally jumped from the bed onto the floor and I couldn't stop my laugh.

"What the hell was that?" He exclaimed getting up from the floor.

"It's almost noon," I said showing him the time on his cell. "We need to leave."

"Fine," he said "but don't do it again. You scared me."

"Okay," I giggled at his expression.

He dragged himself to his room closing the door behind. My stomach was growling with hunger. I drank water and paced the room waiting for him.

"Who is it?" I asked when there was a knock on the door.

"Raafay".

I opened the door. He was standing there fresh as a flower holding his luggage.

"You always do late," he said mocking me.

"Yes I am a sound sleeper," I said making a snoring sound.

He gave a short laugh. "Fine let's leave," he said taking my bag in his other hand. We had to pay extra for the lock Raafay had broken off my room's door.

"You could have asked for another key form the lobbyist," I said, "instead of breaking the door."

"Yeah and I should have left you alone in your room there scared to death till I went to him and come back with the keys," he said.

I smiled at his concern and followed him out of the hotel.

"What will you have for breakfast?" He asked as we sat in the car.

"I didn't have a south Indian meal for a long time. Let's have idli and dosa." I suggested.

"Are you serious?"

"Yes."

"Okay," he drawled. "As you wish."

After fueling the car we ate at Kamat hotel. It was delicious.

"From when did you start having tea?" I asked as he ordered it.

"It's been a while. Now I have got habituated."

"Oh."

"What is your favorite sweet dish these days?" He asked. "I remember how you loved Rasmalai (a sweet dish made of milk) and made aunt prepare it almost every week. One day she had to scold you to stop pestering her as she had grown tired of it" he said laughing at the memory.

"I remember," I said, "but I don't eat sweets anymore."

"Why?" He asked astonished.

"Sweetness left my life long ago" I shrugged.

"Only you think like that. I am as sweet as ever," he said raising his collar making me laugh.

"But seriously," he said "sometimes in life we give so much importance to one bad incident that we forget all the good moments we ever had in our lives. You need to remove focus from that one thing and wider your vision. All things are as sweet as you had left behind."

I nodded and looked down on my plate.

"On this thought let's relieve your fetish for sweets and have Rasmalai." 

We had Rasmalai and I had it savoring every bite remembering its taste and falling in love with it all over again.

"Shall I drive?" I asked as we left the hotel.

"Okay," he said throwing me the keys. The rest of the journey went fast. We stopped for lunch and prayers. Night had dawned as we entered Hyderabad.

"Where do you stay?" I asked.

"I will show you," he said. We were now near my home he pointed to an apartment in our colony. "I live there."

"It's so near my house," I remarked.

"I know. I took it as I wanted to be close to your parents if they needed me anytime."

"Thanks," I said, "for thinking about them while I was away."

"Don't thank me. They care for me more than I do. I visit them when I am feeling homesick and Aunt cooks for me many tasty dishes."

"But still," I said "thanks."

"Didn't you hear the dialogue? There is no place for thank you and sorry in friendship."

I chuckled and said sorry.

"Sorry is also included."

I smiled at him unable to say anything. We reached home and he parked the car. He insisted that he drop me home then go to his.

I stood clenching and releasing my fists as they drowned in sweat. I was nervous to return to my own home after so many years.

"Assalamualaikum," I greeted mother with a wide smile as she opened the door.

"Waleikumsalam," she said taking me into a tight embrace.

"Assalaumaliakum aunt" Raafay said from behind me.

"Waleikumsalam beta. How are you?" She asked him leaving my embrace.

The whole house was the same as I had left almost four years ago yet it felt strange. When I saw the sofa in my living room, it reminded me of the days Rizwan took tuition classes for me and the day he had proposed me. I trembled all over as the memory sent shivers down my spine.

"Don't let one worst memory cloud your mind. There are millions of sweet and happy moments you have lived in this house" Raafay whispered in my ear as if listening to my inner thoughts.

"Yes," I said and smiled at him determined to live again.