8: Rooms On Fire

!!!!!!!! Probably mistakes tbh.

Zayn

"Louis, get the car and meet me outside!" I scream at the wild eyed man, as he nods vigorously and begins to scramble out to the garage in an unnerving way.

My hand doesn't hesitate before I'm pulling the door open rapidly, bolting out of the house where a swarm of journalists wait outside, as they usually do, waiting for something like this to sprout at their fingertips of entertainment. Most of them had vanished and I expected that the Paparazzi would of got in their cars and hauled off to wherever Liam was going. Nevertheless, I lost my balance by how densely populated the front steps of Liam's house was.

The mere action has me feeling like I've been catapulted into some nightmare, submerged in sparkles of merciless light. The faces around me are all blurry and contorted with scowls as they flash their camera's in an obscurely fast manner and some of them even shove a tape-recorder in my face with bad intentions biting at my gut. The backs of my eyelids draw an illusion to my sight. They swamp me with their words that I could never seem to swallow, after how long I've been doing this, I never got used to how psychotic everything was.

"Sir! Where is Liam going?" Is mostly all I hear. I don't respond.

The newly bought vehicle pulls up on the street in a squeal with Louis waiting inside. I'm not sure how I had actually mustered up the strength to push some persistent guy off of me, but I did, and once he began to stumble, I made an exit. In seconds I'm sliding into the seat, with a thunder of lights blinding the both of us through the car windows. Louis steps on the accelerator, speeding down the street as fellow onlookers stand stunned, watching in horror as a hoard of black SUV's are instantly shadowing behind.

"Where do we go now, Louis?!" I panic, feeling my hands becoming numb by how hard I was clenching them. He drives in a hurry, looking like a cat with it's tail flared. He nervously clutches the wheel, making sure to be careful but it's hard when there are occasional cars driving past and rendering our vision with their camera's.

"B-Before we got to his place... He, shit, fuck off, would you?! Get off my ass! W-we... uh, we drove past and looked at the house the kid lived in, I think I remember what street it is. Fuck, I didn't mean to do this, I'm sorry, Zayn." He is interrupted by the dangerous driving that took place, screaming at the revision mirror, and looking just as worried as I was. Situations like this sucked everything from a person, taking away all of the things that were simple in your life and leaving you a mess.

"Lou, this isn't your fault. We just have to make sure Liam doesn't do anything he'll regret." I respond numbly, and the thing about humans is once they've adapted to chaos, it's not so chaotic anymore.

My phone buzzes in my lap and it surprises me, as I glare into the dark screen in a search. And what I discover has another blow hitting me over the head, my stomach twisting in agony as I see its text from Elliot.

zayn were r u ? im at scool

The clock blares at me that it's 3:00 and there's a sour taste in my mouth. I wanted to scream in aggravation, throw the car door open and let myself skid across the road in a gruesomely violent way. If I had a gun, I'd pull the trigger at one of the journalists who chased us in their car. And Liam was right, it's so scary how little your world becomes when there are these kinds of people following you around and seeking out your deepest dark secrets. When would it stop?

Elliot! Honey, I'm so sorry! Please go into the playground and someone will be right there to pick you up any minute. I had to go to an appointment, love, I'm so sorry. I'll buy you loads of lollies when I get back, okay? I'm so sorry Elliot.