Chapter 22

"You said if you come to the gym with me then I'll have to go wherever you go today," I said to Andrew as he looked skeptical. We're at the shooting range, in the back there's an area for my favorite, knives. But no one is allowed back there except for a select few who are in the military. The owner used to have a crush on me so he taught me how to use them.

"But usually a gym is with treadmills and those bikes, not a shooting range," he laughed.

"I exercise different," I said as I signed in and paid, my treat. We got our guns then headed to the two lanes we paid for and put in our earplugs.

"You've never fired a gun??" I'm really surprised right now.

"I have but that was years and years ago, I don't like them," he explained to me and I shrugged.

"Let me show you how a pro does it," I smirked then took the safety off the gun and aimed for the middle of the paper body. I faintly heard Andrews gun go off and once I was finished with this first paper, I turned and looked. He's not bad but not as good as me.

"They'd be without knees," I joked and he laughed.

"I think I should be afraid of you," he said after another round. I shot the target almost perfect, I am a little rusty.

"No babe, I'd never shoot you but guns aren't what I'm best at, it's knives. The guy who owns this place has that area for people in the military only but years ago he had a huge crush on me and showed me how to use them," I laughed and Andrew smiled.

"Why doesn't he have a crush on you now?" He laughed.

"He does. But his wife bears with it, knowing I would never cross that path," I let him know. Veronica loves me, maybe more than she loves her husband, Matt. I guess they both found me attractive but I'm not that kind of girl. We've remained friends.

"My lovely future wife," Matt said as soon as he saw me. I laughed and gave him a hug.

"Sorry Matt, Andrew beat you to it," I introduced them and Matt was shocked to know I'm engaged.

"Camille, it's fine to cheat on me but Veronica? I'm appalled," he sarcastically said.

"I'm shocked," Veronica said from behind me. We hugged and they congratulated me. "And he's cute! Go ahead!" She humped the air and I laughed.

"Girl stop!" I laughed. "We're ready for the knives," I said to them and they smirked and nodded. I've been pretty good at knives for someone who isn't in the military. I didn't even know this was a thing.

"They're fun people," Andrew said and I nodded.

"Too fun," I mumbled and he didn't catch on. "They like to include other people in their sex lives, to spice it up,"

"Have you ever joined?" Andrew asked with eyebrows raised.

"A woman never kisses and tell," I turned around. I'm definitely joking with him, I've never joined them in bed before. He followed after me and kept asking. "No Andrew," I laughed.

"That'd be really hot," he kissed my cheek and my mouth dropped. "Kidding," he said and I rolled my eyes. No he's not. They brought back out a set of throwing knives and I stood in front of a target and the stood next to Andrew.

"She's really good," Veronica whispered to Andrew. I took a breath and steadied my hand, then threw on knife. Bulls eye.

"Damn girl," Andrew shouted and I laughed. I threw another one and realized that I've gotten so damn rusty. I shrugged then threw the rest in the pack. Andrew decided not to throw any sharp objects.