nine

Mumbling incoherently to yourself, your eyebrows furrowed in anger upon hearing the unpleasant sound of you alarm. "Human. That alarm is annoying. Shut it off." An annoyed voice spoke. Your (e/c) eyes snapped open as you shot up into a sitting position on your bed.

"Shadow? When did you wake up?" You questioned, noticing the plate of food in his hand. "And where did you get that food?"

"An hour ago. It seems you have a personal space invasion issue," he stated nonchalantly, taking a breath to answer the other question, "and I owed you." He mumbled, causing you to raise your eyebrows.

"You owe me? For what?"

"Hmph."

Ah, so he isn't going to answer, eh? Hurts the pride, you thought to yourself. "Anyways Shadow, I have to go to school."

He curtly nodded before leaving the toast and orange juice glass on the table next to you before walking out the door. You slowly wondered when he would warm up to you, a small blush creeping onto your face. You shook it off before hastily shoving the succulent food into your mouth and getting ready. Suddenly, your phone buzzed. It was Mighty.

How's it been? Haven't talked to you in a while. Just checking up. Bye ;)
-Mighty

You smiled before shooting him a text saying everything was fine, to tell Sally that you were fine, and you missed them lots. You quickly shoved your phone into your pocket before grabbing your backpack and heading out. "I'll be back in a few hours! Bye Shadow!" You yelled.

--

That was a tiring day! As soon as the bell rang, you rushed to head home.

"Hey (y/n)-"

"Sorry Sonic, we'll talk later! Text me if you want!"

He grumbled something, eyebrows furrowing while confusion crossed his expression, but let you go. "Bye (y/n)."

Upon arriving home, Shadow was nowhere to be seen. You shrugged before walking upstairs to put your stuff away, when you smelled something funny. You shook it off, but you thought it smelled very close to an old lady. You snickered to yourself as you walked into your room, (e/c) hues widening at the sight in front you.

Shadow was perched atop a chair, spraying a perfume in the air before sniffing it. All of your perfumes were everywhere-the floor, on your bed, and covering your dresser. But that wasn't what caught your attention.

Shadows ears were flattened down, and he slightly tilted his head while closing his eyes and sniffing the air. You loudly cleared your throat, feeling uncomfortable watching him like this.

His crimson hues widened as he stumbled to get out of his squat position on the chair, hastily placing the uncapped bottle of perfume on your table, crossing his arms and attempting to look like normal, monotone, regular, Shadow.

You giggled, and soon you were wiping tears from your eyes and clutching your stomach as you howled with laughter. Clearly unimpressed with your little act, Shadow grunted and looked out the window, another shameless attempt at seeming normal.

"Shadow! Yo-You looked ADORABLE!" You giggled, wiping a few stray tears from your (e/c) pools.

He quickly teleported out of the room, temporarily confusing you, before you remembered he does it often. You made a mental note to ask him about that later. You rolled your eyes, giggling at the cute behaviour.

CRASH!

"Oh. Shoot."