seven

You proudly looked at the breakfast you made for two, as you were unsure if the dark hedgehog would want breakfast or not. You hesitated before calling out his name, seconds passing slowly. Within moments, he appeared, clutching a green gem, causing you to squeak and fall over, heart beating erratically. "What the heck, Shadow!" You exclaimed, rubbing your elbow which made contact with the tiled floor.

He just grunted before speaking. "What did you want?"

You twirled a piece of hair before tucking it behind your ear. "I...made you breakfast!" You yelled, causing crimson orbs to fixate on you in the form of a glare.

"Tsk. I don't need to eat."

Waving the comment aside, you walked him over to the table before placing the plates on opposite sides, pride visible in your (e/c) orbs. "I said, I don't need to eat."

"What kind of excuse is that? And all of us need to eat. I could get all science-y on you about that but I don't think I need to," you said, gazing over the dark hedgehog, still wondering how such a *ahem* good looking male ended up in your home.

"I am Shadow The Hedgehog, the Ultimate Life Form. I am immortal. I do not require food for consumption." He explained, emphasizing the final sentence. You nodded thoughtfully until nausea made itself present in your stomach, causing you to groan and double over.

"I need to use the washroom," you squeaked out, rushing to the bathroom, leaving Shadow in the dining room.

---

Once you waited in the washroom for a good 10 minutes waiting for the bile and food remains to be known in your toilet bowl, you walked out, clicking the door shut softly behind you. As you stepped into the dining room, there Shadow was, hunched over in a chair, ears flattened down, one half of the sandwich held between his thumb and index finger. He sniffed the bread, eyes narrowing down into slits as Shadow stared at the sandwich. He looked absolutely adorable; but you felt strange watching him like this.

You cleared your throat loudly, making your presence known. "What are you doing, Shadow?" You questioned, trying to suppress the giggles bubbling up in your throat.

He seemed taken aback, for he cleared his throat quite a few times and struggled to form a coherent sentence. "I-I was...checking if you poisoned the food." He finalized, standing up from the chair and crossing his arms across his chest once more, dropping the sandwich back into a plate. He was satisfied with his reasoning; it could have been poisoned.

You laughed loudly, (e/c) pools tearing up and (h/c) tresses in your vision. "Yeah, like I'd take the time to poison them!" You exclaimed with another hearty laugh. He just glared at you and you immediately straightened up, wiping tears away and resting your eyes somewhere around his nose, because eye contact would give you anxiety. "I promise I haven't poisoned them, Shadow."

"Then eat one."

"What?!"

"If you claim to not have poisoned them, I demand you eat some."

You sighed loudly before slumping into the chair he just got out of, him just behind you. "Go on. Eat some." He continued to urge, arms crossed tightly across his chest.

"How do I know you haven't poisoned them within the time I was in the bathroom?" You sneered, only receiving a grunt as a reply. Rolling your eyes, you looked at the plate in front of you in disdain.

Sighing tiredly, you lazily lifted one half of the peanut butter and jelly sandwich to your lips, taking a bite out of it and placing it back in the plate. You could feel his hot breath on the back of your neck, causing you to blush. "There. Now you eat." You demanded, pointing to the plate.

"A mere mortal like yourself can't tell the Ultimate Life Form what to do."

"Oh yeah? Try me!"

This was going to be a long morning.