Twenty

In a fraction of a second, your brain can turn on you. Sometimes it comes out as tears or anger, but in other circumstances, it comes out in a maniacal laugh with a toothy grin.

This, my friends, is the end of my tale.

Of the three men who set off to find love, color, and hope.

None of that was worth it.

The car jerked back and forth in the lane as Barry tried to take control of the steering wheel as Ross kept a strong grip. Arin and Dan we screaming in fear, hugging until their last breathe.

Ross was smiling a grin so wide that you could see his molars. Both rows of teeth shined as his eyes grew wider. His grin became a laugh. The laugh started off as quiet and innocent, but grew into that of a serial killer.

Barry didn't loose his slightly weaker grip on the wheel, attempting to keep it in place. The Bay Bridge was coming up ahead.

You can see where this is going.

As they approached, Ross jumped out of his seat and onto Barry's lap. They had not been paying attention to where Ross was leading them. Not back to their hotel, but to their utter demise.

Ross had snapped.

When Ross swerved, they did not go though the steel barrier, but rather flew over it.

The railing was loosely secured and was easily pushed over by their car. Down to the depths they went.

Cars stopped, people climbed out, other kept moving as if they had seen nothing.

The telephone lights at the police station flared within seconds of the incident. The cops arrived within five minutes, but all too late.

Arin and Dan tried to float up to the top, but in the 50 feet deep water, but no use. Within the last 10 feet, Arin dropped. Dan looked back to his lover, once a shy little man, now a lifeless body in the middle of a salty bay.

Dan's eyes burned from the water and tears. All was lost without his friends and loved one.
At least, that's what he thought to himself as he drifted into his forever slumber.

Barry has no chance of escape. Ross had pinned him down and pried his mouth open until it was full of water.

Ross has one thought before the slaughter,
"This is what you get for not choosing me."

Ross closed his eyes, bracing for death. He inhaled through his nose and the water flooded him.

Four lives lost, all close to our hearts.

They did not become a trending hashtag or a tumblr post. They we shown on the news more as the police collected evidence, but all was lost.

These men went unnoticed.

A funeral was held for all of them at once.

All families came.

And Carrie.

No one told their story. They were remembered by their loved ones and quickly just became old news. People got over it.

Well, most did.