Two

Dan walks back out of the gas station, soda in hand, when a little black car whips around, almost hitting him.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" He yells in anger. The driver gets out after parking.

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't mean to do that. Just a little tired, ya know?" The man says, holding out his hand for Dan to shake it.

Dan cringes and keeps staring at the man. "Just make sure you don't hit anybody." He says, stepping away.

"Wait, sir. I'm sorry for the trouble." The man says, stepping in front of Dan. "Here."

The driver holds out a mini bag of Lays chips still sealed. Dan grabs them out of his hand.

"I'm so sorry, again." He says.

"You don't have to apologize that much. No one got hurt." Dan cools down, opening his soda.

The man doesn't say anything, but only holds out his hand. Dan accepts the offer and shakes.

Flash

"Wh-what?" Dan murmurs, quickly pulling back his hand.

"I saw it." The other man says, dumbfounded.

"I'm Dan." He greets, holding out his hand again.

"Arin." The man says, grabbing Dan's hand again.

The universe flashes back into color.

The station was red.
The grass was green.
The parking lot was marked yellow.
Arin was wearing pink.

"Do you know what these colors are called?" Arin asks, still looking at the beauty of colors.

"I think that bright one on the roof is yellow." That was red, but how would he know?

"Hey, are to guys okay?" Barry asks, sneaking up on them.

The two jump apart in surprise, but they just laugh about it.

"This can't be right." Dan says, still smiling. "I should be with a girl. Not you."

"I was going to get married." Arin says, looking back at his girlfriend waiting in the car.

"This is-- weird, right?" Dan asks, still giggling.

"What do I tell Suzy?" Arin whispers to himself, smile fading.