Sixteen

Dan had Arin.
Barry had Carrie.
Ross had no one.

"Hey, Ross!" Dan waved to him in the hotel lobby, handing in his key card, "We're going out for breakfast! You coming?" Dan had a big smile plastered on his face, but Ross couldn't even emote.

"No thanks. I'm going a few blocks down to a club." Ross's head hung low as he handed the desk lady his card.

"Thank you! Come again!" The lady said in a cheerful, peppy tone. Still, no emotion from Ross.

Dan felt bad seeing his friend in this state. It wasn't his fault that Ross has no one, but he can't help but feel guilty.

Ross grabbed his wallet from his suitcase after putting it in the trunk of the car.

Five passengers, Ross thought, four are ready to settle down for the rest of their lives.

Not me.

He kicked a rock down ten blocks to the regular old pub. Only old, sad men inside to drink with.

They were all playing pool, anyway.

In other news, the two couples had a great time at a local café! Everyone got great food and an even greater waiter. Nothing went wrong.

Dan: Hey, buddy. You okay?

Ross: Just sad. That's all.

Dan: Okay. You should meet back in front of the hotel soon.

Ross: Ok.

Ross stumbled down the sidewalk after finishing his fifth beer.

"H-hey guys!" Ross smiled, breath smelling like liquor. Dan and Arin rolled their eyes at Ross's state.

They all piled into the car. Barry drove. Carrie took the passenger seat.

Ross, Arin, and Dan all squished into the back.

Ross felt like giving up.

As if he could feel at all.