Ode To A Dragon - For They Can Break Too

Just a note for you all, this has suicidal thoughts within it, and I don't recommend reading it if you're having a bad day or are likely to face problems due to suicidal/depressing thoughts. This chapter isn't important in regards to any of the books, and so can be missed without any issues. Look after yourselves everyone, you guys are important in life, and I appreciate each and every one of you. Remain strong, you've got this whether you do or don't agree.

Ode To A Dragon – For They Can Break Too

Maybe for a certain dragon (character) whose name remains unknown for now – just because you people get to wait longer for the real heartbreak to begin.

Reccomendation: Listen to the song, and its lyrics (additional song should also be listened to - it's at the end of the story)

It would've all been so different if someone had noticed. It was fairly well hidden; one would have to pay attention to actually notice. The problem was, although they paid attention they still weren't looking at him.

Every move his rider made was watched carefully, but that was just a dragon watching their rider right? Making sure nothing happened to their rider... right?

No one was around if his rider wasn't around, but that was fine. That meant that the dragon could be himself, he could ignore the world around him. In those moments far away, he was safe, safe from any outward attacks at least. Mentally... mentally was another story entirely.

Anyone approaching was watched by a wary gaze, and when was the dragon not seen in a defensive position? The dragon used to wonder why no one noticed, why no one cared for the change that had occurred. Did they really think it was just him growing up? Did they think his rider was him?

Oh, and how he wanted to call out for attention, but if he did that, what would happen to him? He might be safer not telling anyone... Yes, that was the best path to travel.

Any movement that occurred rapidly caused a flinch, it was noticeable but no one saw... What would happen if they had noticed?

The teachers, they should've spotted it, they should look out for this kind of thing. The dragon, alone once more, had raged and roared and cried at this. Only to fall down, laying helplessly and knowing no one looked because why would anyone look?

Who would think that this would happen? He was a dragon, his rider was human, it was almost impossible. Had it even happened before?

But that's the thing, in the end. He was a dragon, strong, proud, and he loved his rider more than anything. His rider was human, weak to a dragon, small to a dragon, and loved his dragon – or at least he should have.

His rider was cautious, careful, but for all the wrong reasons. The rider didn't want to be caught, and so he carefully planned everything. No one knew, and no one would.

Meanwhile, the dragon flinched at the smallest thing and shied away from any touch. But who would want to touch him anyway? Fighting was never any problem, and that was the only time anyone really tried to look – if only to see what his next attack would be.

Fighting was when he held the power when he could attack when he could defend. He could bare his teeth to the world and attack with claws, teeth, and everything he had. Growling, roaring, and a massive ball of rage, no one could withstand his attacks, except for one.

For how could he go against his rider? His rider was the world; to kill him was to kill his soul. Surely, surely, his rider still loved him no matter what. His rider had told him that before, multiple times before, just not in recent years... but that didn't matter. He loved his rider, and that was what mattered. He could love his rider enough so he didn't need love.