chapter 5.

Stiles shifted in his sleep, a small whimper escaping his mouth. He opened his eyes, trying to find Derek in the darkness. He didn't feel the warmth. He didn't feel the protection. He was alone. Derek had left. He felt tears as a sob escaped his lips. He pulled the covers over his head; though it was a childish act, it helped him feel secure, unseen.

Derek sat beside Scott on the couch. He was going to explain the situation quickly before returning to Stiles, whom he had just left. Scott was the first to speak.

"Okay, what the hell? He had blood on his face! And why the fuck was there puke in your car!? I swear to God, when his dad finds out-"

"Shut up! Scott! You know nothing! And quiet your voice, you'll wake him up!" Derek whisper-yelled, looking Scott in his eyes. "You have no idea what Stiles has been through. And that should make you feel terrible! You're supposed to be his best friend, Scott. But you're too into Isaac to even ask how he's doing!"

Scott wrapped his arms protectively around Isaac. "Oh yeah?! And you're such a good friend to him! You just started caring! What happened to him!?" Scott yelled, a bit loudly.

Derek stood, towering over Scott. "I said to keep your voice down. I don't think you want me to say it again." Derek back up slightly. "He was raped. Frequently. By his father, Scott." Scotts jaw fell open.

"What? Raped..? I.. And he isn't in the hospital!? Why didn't you take him there! The proof is gone!" Scott said, now standing in front of Derek.

"His father is the sherriff, Scott. You and I both know the only thing that taking him to the hospital would have done is upset him." Derek stated, more calm now. "He told me he didn't want to go. I can't make him. I can't do that to him."

"He's your mate, isn't he?" Scott said, staring into Derek's eyes. "You love him. I smell it. Oh my God, Derek. He can't kn-" Scott was interupted by a scream, coming from Dereks bedroom. Derek ran up the steps and opened his door, Scott and Isaac racing behind him. Stiles was in the corner of the dark room, knees to his chest, sobbing out, rocking quickly. Scott turned on the light as Derek raced to Stiles, kneeling in front of him.

"Oh God, Stiles. I'm so sorry baby. I went to talk to Scott. I'm here now. Come here, please." Derek whispered gently. Seeing Derek act this way shocked Scott, making him lean against Isaac; Watching as Derek helped his best friend.

Stiles reached out to touch Derek; as if he were testing him. Derek only nodded slowly, seeming to understand the younger boys acts. Derek opened his arms and Stiles collapsed into them. Derek held the boy in his lap as he leaned back against the wall, Stiles wrapped his legs around Derek and rested his head on Derek's shoulder. He rubbed the boys back, whispering chants of "shh"'s and "it's okay"'s.

Scott and Isaac soon left the room, deciding to leave them alone. They ended up cuddled on the couch. Only this time, Isaac was cradling Scott. Which had never happened before.

After twenty minutes of silence, Stiles raised his head up to look at Derek. He spoke softly,

"Y-you left me," He whimpered out, "You s-said you wouldn't! I was alone!"

"I really am sorry, Stiles. I didn't think you'd wake up. I wanted to speak to Scott so he wasn't so confused. I'm so sorry, baby.." Derek whispered, running his fingers through Stiles' grown out buzz cut. "I'm here now, and if I need to go back downstairs I'll be more than happy to take you with me."

Stiles nodded slowly, before hiding his face in Dereks chest again. It was warm. Well, all of Derek was warm. But this spot was particuarly warm. And smelled like home, welcoming, sweet.. It just smelled like Derek. And Stiles loved that. He trusted Derek, and he wasn't sure why, or how that began. He knew Derek wouldn't want someone as filthy as him. Someone so messed up. Someone who hurt themselves. Derek deserved more.

Somewhere in his thoughts, Stiles had drifted to sleep. Derek just held him, leaning his head against the wall. Though it was uncomfortable, he couldn't make himself move Stiles. Soon Derek was asleep also.

This would be the start of there daily routine.