Chapter 9 Part 3

Arriving outside the gallery Camila was amazed at the number of paparazzi there were outside, eager to take photos of any guest that exited a car. When Lauren had told her that she was going to take her to the opening of her artwork she never thought it would be so glamorous.

Just as their limousine pulled up to its designated area, Camila felt Lauren place something in her lap. Looking down she found a a gold masquerade mask and due to her confusion she raised her eyebrows questioningly at Lauren.

"Turn around." Lauren stated simply with a smile and picked the mask up again. She carefully placed the mask on Camila's face, tying the knot securely at the back of her head so that there was no risk of it falling off. When she was done, she gave her silver mask to Camila in order for her to repeat the same process, all the while explaining to her why they were putting them on.

Once they were both ready the valet opened the door for them, smiling politely and showing tobacco stained teeth that made Camila grimace slightly before focusing her attention back to Lauren who was offering her hand to help Camila out of the car. She took it graciously, knowing that with her luck she would have most likely stumbled out of the car to fall on her face and have every photographer capture the moment. The flashes that went off instantly blinded her and she was glad when she felt Lauren move her hand to the small of her back to guide her in the direction of the entry.

Tastefully decorated with red banners strung along the ceiling broadcasting 'Lauren Jauregui's new brilliant collection' in gold cursive. They both followed the crowd in the direction of the display and Lauren was immediately pleased at how the gallery had kept it simple as per her request. Every artwork stood out on its own, placed strategically so as every corner someone walked around, people had the opportunity to come into contact with her artwork.

Lauren smiled proudly when she saw everyone enjoying themselves, she caught sight of many critics and although it made her nervous she decided tonight she was just going to enjoy herself. As soon as she saw a waiter pass with a try of champagne she grabbed one for Camila and herself, lifting it up in a manner that showed she wanted to make a toast.

"Here's to a great night, Camz." Camila smiled before gently clinking their glasses together and brought it slowly to her lips, keeping her gaze locked with Lauren's as she drank it.

//

Camila kept noticing Lauren's eyes wonder to a critic who had been staring at one of the paintings for a noticeable amount of time and decided to not so subtly push her towards his direction. Lauren had told her that his name was Emanuel and was actually one of the most respected critics and Lauren was begging to speak to him in a manner that didn't reveal who she was.

"What do you think about the painting?" Luckily it was Camila that asked and Emanuel threw a quick look to Camila before turning back to the painting. Then as though he processed exactly how gorgeous the girl that had spoken was, he turned back around with a hungry smirk, ready to impress her with his knowledge of art.

Lauren on the other hand just got pissed at the guy right away for looking at Camila as though he was ready to devour her - that was her job. Whatever respect Lauren had for the guy vanished in that instant.

"I really love what she's done with the colours here and her exquisite precision with every stroke. It's as though every single one has expressed a different emotion - some emotions which she didn't even know existed within herself." His voice was so low and velvety, a subtle hint of an accent was noticeable and Lauren hated him more for having such an attractive voice.

"That's beautiful - I just think she was being a pretentious bitch really." Lauren bluntly states before Camila can answer and downs the rest of her champagne, dragging Camila along to the next painting.