Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"No, you do it this time! Why is it always me?" Camila glared at her younger sister, folding her arms against her chest. Sofie, however, just kept looking up at her with the same puppy dog eyes that did the trick every single time, mentally counting down... 3, 2 and 1.

"Ugh, fine, but if we get caught again I am totally blaming you, they said if they received one more complaint we'd be kicked out of the hotel, so totally on you!" Camila threw her hands up in defeat and turned her body to face the door before them, the gold numbers '305' shinning under the brightly lit hallway.

Sofie jumped up and down, excitement running through her tiny body. Camila raised her closed fist to knock on the door and instead of excitement, worry was flowing through her. She would do anything to see Sofie happy, which has been a rare sight over the past few months with all the moving that her parents have been doing. Countless friends and memories have been left behind and now they just have each other. It was difficult and more often than not it meant that the only outlet for fun in hotel rooms included knock and run, hide and seek (in which Camila always hid in the pantry and snacked on food) and eye spy. So there they were, risking getting kicked out of the hotel for the third time in the same day.

Just as she was about to bring her fist to the door it swung open and Camila was greeted by girl wearing rolled up trackies, a rock band crop top, a book in her hand and reading glasses perched on her nose which framed the greenest pair of eyes Camila had ever seen. The girl smiled at her while raising her eyebrows, giving her a knowing look which probably meant she heard her and Sofie's discussion. Quickly she pointed at Sofie, while looking directly at the girl in front of her.

"Her idea! I had nothing to do with it, she blackmailed me. I had no control, I swear she's evi-" Camila spoke as quickly as possible only to be interrupted by a small foot coming into contact with her shin.

"Ow! Really Sof? You know if you had knocked we wouldn't even be in this situation in the first place. People love you, planet green eyes here would probably be hugging you instead of going to complain about 'disturbances.'" Using her height to her advantage she stared down at Sofie who had silently agreed to the contest, folding her small arms across her chest in defiance, challenging her older sister to blink.
Before the competition could bring someone to tears they were both distracted by someone clearing their throat and drawing their attention.

"Um hello?" The girl awkwardly stood in the middle of the doorway, one hand moving up to remove the glasses and place them on top of her head. The girl had no idea what to do with the scene that just unfolded, but was highly amused by it all and struggled to contain her laughter.

"Yeah hey, I am so sorry... ma'am? Miss? I don't known what to call you and I feel weird calling you that cause you look my age and... i've forgotten how to interact with people from my generation that are incredibly attractive because I'm stuck with this one, who insists on being called butterfly queen!" She scolded Sofie who was now smiling up innocently at her while Camila was contemplating running down the hallway and leaving her to deal with the girl in front of them.

"Um, you don't know?" When the girl saw the sisters blank stares she straightened herself up from the doorway, both confused yet strangely relieved that these girls had no idea who she was.
"I'm sorry, I mean Lauren, that's my- you can call me Lauren" She answered, waving her hand in front of her as an odd way of introduced herself, mentally slapping herself for appearing so dorky.

Camila simply smiled at the girls behaviour, deciding that words were no longer a safe option. She watched as Lauren bent down on one knee to be at eye level with Sofie.

"Butterfly queen, such an honour to meet you." She took Sofie's hand and kissed the back of it, essentially making everyone believe she was greeting royalty.