Chapter 5

"Dinah move now or I will tell Normani about all the hot girls you follow on Instagram!" It was early in the afternoon as Lauren tried to threaten Dinah as a last resort because she had been blocking the damn door for the past twenty minutes.

"Oh please, she gave me all their usernames. Anyways I am not moving! You need to start brainstorming on what the hell you are going to do. I'm not going to let you throw this away!" Dinah dismissed her argument quickly and Lauren released a sigh before walking forward and grabbing onto both of Dinah's hands, dangling them between the two of them.

"I am not throwing anything away, I promise you that. You can't force me to be inspired - even if you lock me in here all day with a bunch of paint and a million empty canvas' you have my word I will still have nothing on them. I haven't picked up a brush in months, Dinah. It's going to take a lot more for me to be able to get back into it. Just give it time, trust me on this, please." Lauren looked Dinah in the eye and silently pleaded she would let her go because although she did mean everything she just said, she was also running very late.

"I do trust you, Lauren," Dinah took a deep breath before flicking her hair back and walking away from Lauren finally unblocking the door. "Fine go, leave me alone to stress and worry while you go and have fun. Just remember to use protection!"

"Dinah that's not - " Lauren wanted to correct Dinah but figured it would be falling upon deaf ears and simply shook her head with a smile as she began to make her way out of the door. She really did to try walk and maintain some of her coolness, but the moment she shut her door she found herself jogging down the corridor eager to see the two girls who were already making a change in her life. As soon as she knocked on the door a wide smile spread onto her face as she anticipated what the day would hold.

"Oh my God. Help me." A very distressed Camila opened the door and reached out to grab Lauren's hand to drag her into the apartment where they soon stopped at what Lauren presumed use to be a kitchen. Before Lauren could even ask for an explanation a cough sounded somewhere behind a bench followed by the puff of a white cloud.

"Lo Lo!!" Covered in flour Sofie ran up to Lauren squealing in excitement holding her hands out in front of her for Lauren to pick her up.

"Hey little nugget! What did you and Camz do to the kitchen?!" Lauren moved Sofie to hold her with one arm and leaning most of the weight on her hip as she turned them to face the area in question.

"I told Kaki I wanted cupcakes so we tried to make them but something happened and it went poof and everything went everywhere and it was funny, but now I really want cupcakes because I'm hungry and Kaki can't make them for me because she is bad at it." While Sofie explained, Lauren ran a hand through the little girls hair in an attempt to get some of the flour out of it and smiled in endearment at the little girl in her arms who seemed to be very upset with her big sister at the moment.

"How about I make you deal?" Lauren whispered into Sofie's ear as she lowered her back onto the floor. Sofie excitedly nodded her head causing more flour to make it's way into the air as she waited for what Lauren was going to say next.

"Okay, how about you go get cleaned up and I promise that by the time you're finished, there will be freshly baked cupcakes just for you and Camz won't be able to have any." Lauren finished with a wide smile and laughed when she felt Camila hit her lightly on the shoulder.

"Hey!" Camila quickly protest but Sofie was already out of their sight, a small white cloud following her as she ran into her room.

"I'm just joking, maybe. I mean after this mess I'm not sure you even deserve cupcakes, how did you even get it so wrong?" Lauren turned to face Camila, an amused smile already on her face.