Chapter 12

When Sherock pulled away from me, he didn't open his eyes. I had been breathing heavily, the kiss being unsuspecting.

"I... I'm sorry. I got caught up in the moment." Sherlock said and turned quickly, walking away.

I watched him as I blinked off rain water from my eye lashes. I pushed myself away from the pillar and began to follow him, pulling out my phone and using its flashlight since mine had rolled into the river.

I kept at least two and a half feet of distance between Sherlock and I. I wasn't able to look at him, not knowing what I felt.

I mentally grumbled to myself, sounding like one of those teenage girls in those love novels, not knowing which boy to have feelings for. We finally made it across the bridge, and I felt a pit in my stomach. As if something was wrong. Very wrong.

Sherlock grabbed my arm and I stopped walking, looking over at him (that wasn't so hard to look, I guess).

He had his head tilted as if he were listening to something, then soon let go of my arm and continued walking. I sighed and heard the crunch of leaves and twigs and I turned, only to have a fist in my face.

I stumbled back and fell over the track. My mind in shock and my gaze fuzzy. I felt someone grab my leg and begin to drag me. That's when I snapped out of it.

"Sherlock!" I yelled as I lashed out, kicking my leg free. I scrambled up and picked up my phone.

I ran, turning the flashlight off and looking for Sherlock. I stopped running, closing my eyes and straining to hear. The roar of the rain was overpowering, and if Sherlock was running after the suspect I wouldn't be able to hear him.

I gasped when a hand went over my mouth and someone wrapped their arm around my chest, bringing me backwards and into the trees.

I tried to scream for Sherlock, but felt someone shush me.
"They'll hear you." Sherlock whispered and I sighed in relief upon hearing his voice and my body relaxed.

As soon as the only movement of the branch was from rain, our suspect went running by.

I gripped onto Sherlock's arm, which was still over my chest, and I calmed my breathing.

I moved Sherlock's hands from my mouth and chest, and crept to the branches and peeked out.

I snuck out of the hiding spot after I nodded to Sherlock that it was safe.

I carefully walked along the train tracks, Sherlock beside me as well. "What did you mean by "they'll", Sherlock? Isn't there only one?" I whispered and Sherlock looked at me, shaking his head.

"There's two. One who killed and one who carved the crest and made the stakes." He stated and I sighed.

"Great. Fucking great!" I mumbled and Sherlock and I stopped walking when two people stepped in front of us, walking from the treeline on both sides.

"Look, Liza! Two vamps." A man stated and the woman hummed.

"Out here to kill us, I presume. Or maybe the other couple who are wanderin'. What do you think, Ed?" Liza asked and Ed hummed in thought as Sherlock and I froze in fear.

"I don't know, but the girl is pretty. I wish she weren't a vamire."

"Wasn't." I said and the two tilted their head at me in question. "No, it's 'I wish she wasn't a vampire.' " I corrected and Ed scoffed at me.

"Who cares? You'll wish you wasn't a vamp." Liza snapped and Sherlock chuckled.

"Destiny, Darling?" Sherlock asked and I hummed, knowing he was only acting. Not really meaning the 'Darling'.