Chapter 8

I had been at Scotland Yard, sitting at my desk as I stared at the computer screen, my yellow paged notebook filled with notes.

I looked back down and began to chew on the end of the pen, thinking about the case.

Just as I had predicted, somebody was pretending to be a vampire hunter. The rose and the swirls had been a crest to him. Lestrade had told me that I was correct, the stake was from a hawthorn tree that could have been taken from any tree in a London park.

I had looked up any complaints of wild animals taking sheep, and finding several people had called to report a wolf taking their sheep.

I quickly wrote the complaints and findings down on a different page and I shook my head at the notes.

"He really believes he's a kresnike." I mumbled and heard someone hum in response and I jumped, turning in my chair to see Sherlock looking at my computer screen and looking at my notes.

"So what? He's a man that changes into a wolf?" he asked and I shook my head as I turned the chair towards Sherlock and I leaned forward, resting my elbows on my thighs.

"No, no, no. A kresnike is a vampire hunter. People believe that if kresniks ate the sheep killed by a wolf, they would not fear what they saw. In this case, it's a vampire. Or, what he believes is a vampire." I explained and leaned back in my chair and Sherlock nodded as he checked his watch.

"It took you four hours to find all this information out?" he asked and I gasped as I spun the chair around and grabbed my phone, cursing as I quickly stood up.

"Oh shit! Fuck, fuck, fuck!" I exclaimed as I began putting my notes together.

"What?" Sherlock asked and I looked at my phone.

"I thought it was earlier! I've got to meet up with Sully in twenty minutes!" I said quickly as I put my coat on and grabbed the notes, rushing past him.

I quickly scurried to the elevator, pushing the button and bouncing from one foot to the other.

"I don't have time for this!" I snarled to myself and quickly jogged to the stairs, going down them quickly, yet carefully.

I ran through the lobby and ran outside, apologizing to everyone I had bumped into on the way down. I held my notes to my chest as I hailed a cab.

As soon as one pulled over, a business man, who had seemed to be in as much of a rush as I, had nudged me out of the way and hopped into the cab.

"Well fuck you too!" I yelled at the cab and I turned swiftly and began to run to Baker Street. I had pulled out my phone and called Mary.

"Hello?"

"Oh thank God! Mary, I need you to put an outfit together for me." I rushed into the phone as I waited with a crowd, needing to cross the street.

"OK. What's the occasion?" she asked and I chuckled as I let out a breath.

"I'm going to be hanging out with Sully. So, casual yet... Good looking." I said and she hummed.

"Alright. I've got your back, Honeycomb." she stated and I sighed in relief.

"Thank you so much, Mary! I definitely owe you one!"

I hung up right after saying that and I put my phone in my pocket. I sucked in a deep breath and ran across the street, hearing people yell at me to just wait and I heard cars honking. And then I saw the bus. Just barely missing it, and having to jump out of the way. I spun and tripped over the sidewalk, my papers flying.

People watched in curiosity as I scrambled to pick up my papers. I looked up as I was picking up my notebook and tilted my head.

"What? Never seen someone in a rush?" I panted out as I got back up and ran again, chuckling to myself at their faces.

I don't think I'll tell Mary about that little almost getting hit by a bus fiasco.

I began to sprint even harder when I caught a glance at a digital clock above a store. I had, approximately, seven minutes to get to Baker Street.

"Son of a Bitch! I'm not gonna make it. " I panted as I stopped and put my hands on my knees and tried to get my breathing under control.

"That's not the Destiny I know." I heard Sherlock say beside me. I looked up, but he wasn't there. I stood up straight and went in a full circle, but he was no where to be seen. He sounded as if he was right beside me.

"I'm going fucking crazy." I muttered as I began to run again, turning the corner and seeing Baker Street a couple of blocks down.

I smiled and ran, looking both ways (this time) then running across the street. I saw a taxi pull in front of 221, and I hoped it was someone visiting Speedy's.

I saw the trench coat and knew it was Sherlock who stepped out of the cab. I attempted to speed up, but I couldn't. I could feel my face was flushed and I was panting like a bastard.

I tried to remember when I had run like this last, and it was in New York. When Sherlock used me as bait, when I got that golf club to the chin.

I had just gotten onto Baker Street when he went into the building. I began to jog and (finally) got to 221.

I opened the door and walked inside, shutting the door and quickly walked to my apartment. I could hear Sherlock going up the stairs and I glanced up, seeing the bottom of his coat as he went up the second set of stairs.

I got to my apartment and went inside, just as my phone went off. I grabbed it and read the message from Sully.

Hey, I'll be running late. Jace is making me stay another hour -.-

I chuckled and shook my head. I calmed my breathing and I felt my heart returning to its usual thumping instead of racing.

"Ah, you're home! Clothes are on the bed." Mary said as she walked from my room. "I had debated on doing makeup, but I have decided against it. You would have made a fuss." she joked and I chuckled as I looked up at her from replying to Sully.

"You're right. I would have. But, now that I ran for twenty odd minutes, he's gonna be running an hour late!" I laughed and Mary chuckled.

"Hey, gives you enough time to cool down, take a shower or something. Or, do whatever it is you do when you go on a date. Get your nice knickers out in case anything happens..." Mary laughed and I rolled my eyes, shaking my head as I headed for the bathroom to take a quick shower.

"Shut up, Mary! Nothing's gonna happen because Sully and I will be hanging out. It's not a date."

Mary nodded and said, "Mmhmm. I'm sure. Well, I must be getting John and we shall return tomorrow so I can scoop you up and go dress shopping."

I raised my brow at her and hummed in response. "Finally letting me help with some of the planning?"

"That I am, Honeycomb. Love ya, see you bright and early."

I laughed and waved to Mary, saying I love her as well and to tell John I said goodbye.