Chapter 7

I had decided to clean up the apartment, itching to help the wedding planning but being kicked out by Mary.

I was humming to a non playing, and nonexistent, song as I picked up candy wrappers I've thrown, too lazy to throw them out when I had been eating them at the time.

I found a couple dollars in coins and put them in an Iron Maiden beer bottle, wanting to start saving up.

"It's not a lot, but if I keep it up... Who knows? Maybe I can leave by the end of this year?" I told myself as I set the bottle on the kitchen counter.

"Go where?"

I jumped at the new voice and I spun around, glaring at Sherlock.
"Paris." I lied, and Sherlock stayed in the doorway. He had nodded at the answer then cleared his throat.

"Lestrade called. He said he tried calling you, but you wouldn't answer his calls." he stated.

I nodded and motioned towards the direction of my room. "It's charging. Almost died on me earlier." I mused as I went back to cleaning up around the living room, holding recipets and wrappers in my hand.

"I see. Well, there's a body. And we've been summoned to look at it. " he stated and I nodded, going to the kitchen and throwing the garbage out.

I walked out and walked to the door, closing it slightly and making Sherlock take a step back. I grabbed my coat from the hook and opened the door again, putting it on.

I stood in the doorway, staring at Sherlock as he stared back at me. We didn't say anything and I clenched my jaw and cleared my throat.

I swept my arms towards the front door and looked at Sherlock, then to the direction of the door.

"We, uh, gonna go? Or just stand here?" I asked and he nodded frantically as he turned and began to walk to the door. I paused before leaving and grabbed my phone, chuckling softly at the text Sully had sent me.

"London is so peculiar. I have children hanging off my legs as I fix lights."

I quickly walked into the hallway and looked down to reply to him, smirking.
"See? You're so bright that children are hanging off you!"

I put my phone away and looked back up, just as I stepped outside and closed the door. I looked at the knocker and let out a sigh as I smirked and straightened it.

As I turned, Sherlock had got into a cab and gestured for me to hurry along. I walked to the cab and got in, closing the door.

The cab ride had been silent, which I was grateful for. I felt, and heard, my phone vibrate and I took it from my coat pocket and turned it on, finding a message from Sully, who had sent a laughing emoji.

"You and your puns, Miss Maiden."

"What? Not punny enough for you?"

"Oh, they're plenty "punny."

I chuckled and shook my head, looking back out the window. I caught Sherlock's gaze in the reflection of the window, and be quickly looked away.

I looked at him, wanting to say something but not having the words to speak. I sighed and looked at my lap, brushing the invisible lint from it.

When I looked up, the cab was pulling over and I could see the road was blocked by cones and I looked to Sherlock as he got out of the car.

He began to walk to the crimscene and I sighed as I got out as well and paid the cabbie and watched him driveaway.

I began to follow behind Sherlock, and I could feel eyes on me, so I looked up and saw Donovan walking toward us.

She walked past Sherlock and walked up to me, blocking my path. Her face solemn.