Salvation

I never expected things to turn out this way. It felt as if, there was another me. One, I never knew existed. And without any warning, it took over, my mind and body.
It all started one night, when I was walking down the streets of Magnolia. The dark alleys seemed larger than normal like they were hovering over me. Silently and sneakily like a panther, there were footsteps from close by. But, who could be out this late at night?..I peaked around the corner slightly, it appeared to be a crowd of men? I backed away quickly, bumping into a wooden crate, creating a loud noise. And just my luck, a few appeared in front of me. They looked like ruffians, they had a strong scent to them. Was it alcohol? They're drunk.. A shiver ran down my back, I didn't want to get involved in a mess after seeing them. Without hesitation, I spun around to take a detour, but it was blocked. I couldn't run past with such little gaps between them, the only option I had was to go was into the alley. That being, the only path I could take, I rushed into the darkness. My heels clanking loudly, echoing against the walls. I ran, and ran, getting no where at all. Just, a dead end. I didn't have anywhere else to run, my body halted to a stop. I shifted my head around and saw them making their way closer to me. I'm cornered. My body was trembling. There's no escape. I closed my eyes tightly, my hands in a fist. I yelled with all the strength I could muster up, "ANYONE!! IF YOU'RE OUT THERE, PLEASE. HELP ME!!" All of a sudden I hear loud footsteps. A piercing voice filled the air, "FIRE DRAGON'S ROAR!!" There were some grunts and screams. My shut eyes slowly opened only to see one person standing before me with the rest of the men spread across the floor. A masculine man, broad shoulders, spiky hair. I blinked to make sure it was who I assumed. "N-Natsu?" I called out, "Is that you?" The figure walked forward from the shadows the moonlight directed on him making it able to see his face, "Oh, it's you Juvia!" Tears tricked down my cheeks before I knew it I leaped into his arms. "Natsu, I was so scared! Thank you for saving me!" He didn't say anything, not even a, 'your welcome,' it's like he felt that, that line wasn't needed. He just wrapped his arms around me, bringing me closer to him. Natsu gently patted my head over and over like I was a whimpering kitten. The touch of his hand made me calm and it felt so safe to be in his embrace. A few moments had passed and he held my hand to lead me out of the creepy alley. Once again I stood in the streets, Natsu averted to me, his eyes locked with mine, "why were you alone at night?" The tone of his voice seemed angry, but at the same time worried. "I was just taking a stroll since I couldn't sleep," my hands fidgeting with each other. "You should know better than to walk alone at night! At least take someone with you!" He raised his voice, sending me chills. "But, it's alright now, isn't it? You're with me," I crossed my arms at a full recovery state from earlier. "That's true, but still-" he didn't finished, "just forget it, never mind!" My fingers were still entwined with his, silently he just began to walk me back to the Fairy Tail girl's dorm. "Hey, were you worried about me?" the words easily flowing out of my mouth as if the incident earlier had no effect on me. He opened his mouth but nothing seemed to come out for a few moments, "I was just, y'know.. Looking out for a friend, okay?" Those words lit up inside me like fireworks, my heart pulsed like it was going to burst out of my chest. "I guess that's reason enough," I grinned trying not to let my inner feelings take over me. Before I could take notice we had reached the dorm, "thanks for walking me back." He nodded, "yeah, just call if you ever need someone to accompany you on a night's stroll." My brown eyes widened, "oh.. You bet!" his hand reached forward to my head and ruffled my blue locks before heading off. "Good bye," I whispered waving a goodbye as he slowly disappeared into the darkness of the night.