#6 - I'll Protect You

Start from the beginning

"I need your help,"' she said quickly. "Well, from both of you, actually," she glanced at Zandar. "Ryan and Eric are supposed to help us as butlers today, but they got stuck in the traffic. We're two people short and with this situation, either Alicia and I will die tiredness or customers will go because they aren't served."

"Please? Just until Ryan and Eric get here," Alice half-pleaded.

Nica stole a look to Zandar. She wanted to help, but It's their date... Will he help them?

Zandar went quiet for a moment, before answering, "Okay." Alice's face lit up.

A few minutes later, both Nica and Zandar were already standing near the cashier, complete with their maid/butler outfits. Nica looked at Zandar, a goofy smile on her face. "At least you looked less old in that butler costume," she teased. Zandar pouted. Nica chuckled.

Then Zandar examined Nica from head to toe. "And at least... You still look pretty, well, uhm, prettier actually... In that outfit," Zandar mumbled the word 'prettier', while covering half of his blushing face.

"Nica! We need your help here," Alicia suddenly called, breaking their blushing moment. Zandar gave her a nod. "Good luck," he said, giving her a slightly awkward thumbs up. She returned it with a smile.

Zandar watched as Nica served the customers, taking their orders and bringing food and drinks. Unconsciously, Zandar smiled.

"What's wrong with you, smiling for no reason?" Alicia was suddenly already standing next to Zandar. He shrugged. "No reason."

"Thanks for making Nica happy," she continued. Zandar did nothing but staring the crowded cafe. "Since she met you, Nica looked more happy and cheerful each day. I know I've only knew her for just a year and a half, but at least I do know that she's happy being with you."

"And because of that, I — no, all of us, Rere, Nishita, Anca, Alice included — we'd like to say thank you," Alicia said.

Zandar was quiet for a moment. "You're welcome."

"Protect her happiness, okay? I'll leave her in your care now." Then Alicia walked away, continuing her duty as the maid.

Zandar stared her back, and then looked to Nica's direction. It's kind of funny, because no one seemed to notice that he's a butler, since nobody asked for his service. Which explains why he only stood alone in front of the counter with nothing to do.

A few upperclassmen were surrounding Nica near the cafe entrance, forming a circle. One was holding Nica's chin, as if trying to get a better look of her face. "Hey, little girl," one of them said. "Why don't you play with us?"

Another one snickered. "Yeah, why don't cha? We would be honored to play with someone as cute as you." Zandar could see that Nica looked like she wanted to fight back, but with that kind of situation, 8 people against 1, she's hopeless.

The conversation he had with Alicia before occured to his mind.

Thanks for making Nica happy.

Zandar's eyes were locked on Nica's terrified face. His jaw tightened.

Protect her happiness, okay?

Zandar saw Nica pushed the hand away, asking them to stop. They refused and moved closer than before.

I'll leave her in your care.

Nica took a step back, her back brushing against the solid wall. She tried to hide her fear, but Zandar could see it as clear as day.

Thank you.

Rage filled in Zandar, anger shown on his face. He clenched his fists, storming towards the circle. Upperclassmen or not, he didn't care. His girlfriend's in trouble. And he's the only one who can save her.

He burst in the circle, one hand blocking Nica and the other pushing the upperclassman away. "Stay away from my girlfriend." His voice was deadly.

The upperclassman looked at him, a sly smile on his face. "She's yours, dude?" He asked while sneering, taking a step closer to Nica. Without saying another word, Zandar leapt and landed a punch on the upperclassman's face.

"I said. Stay. Away."

——————————————————

Hi guys, Catdusa here ~
'Stay With Me' is going near the end! I am planning to make the next chapter as the last.
Hope you guys look forward to it.
Thanks for reading! ^^