Chapter 14

Dean's POV

The next day I woke up in Roman's arms confused.

Why am I in his arms?

Then I remembered about what happened yesterday and that only led to tears stinging the corner of my eyes.

How could he do this to me? I loved him and he stabbed me in the back. Why would he do this to me? And to top it all off I have lung cancer. I just dont know what I'm gonna do.

"Hey... are you alright?" Roman asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah I'm fine. Did I wake you up?" I asked.

"I heard you crying. So I wanted to make sure you were okay." He said, holding me close.

I cuddled up to him and listened to his heartbeat.

"Why don't we go out today?" Roman suggested.

"W-What about school?" I asked.

"I'll call us in sick." Roman said, dialing the school's number and telling them we aren't coming today.

"Alright we're all set." He said.

"Okay." I said, sitting up.

"Where do you wanna go?" Roman asked.

"I don't know. The mall?"

"Sure. Why not?" He smiled, sitting up stretching.

I looked up at the bed where Seth laid. We still had to share a room which sucked badly.

"C'mon let's go before jackass over there wakes up." Roman said.

"Please don't call him that. I know that he deserves it, but I just can't take it that people are gonna be mean to him." I sighed. "And it's my fault."

"It wasn't your fault, Dean."

"Yes it was." I said, looking down.

"How?"

"I fell in love with him." I sighed, getting up and going downstairs.

"Morning Dean." Virginia said.

"Morning." I mumbled.

"How are you today?" She asked me.

I shrugged as I got on my shoes.

"You two going somewhere?" Virginia asked Roman.

"I'm taking him to the mall. I don't think he's ready to go back to school. Not after what happened yesterday." Roman said.

"I understand completely. Have a good time you two." She said, before walking back to the kitchen.

"Ready to go Dean?" Roman asked, slipping on his shoes.

"Yeah, I guess." I muttered standing up and grabbing my jacket.

"It'll be okay, Dean." Roman said.

"No it won't. I lost the one person that kept me going. All because of that jerk Neville." I growled, clenching my teeth toghether.

"I can beat him up if you want." Roman said. As we walked towards the car.

I chuckled slightly and looked at him. "Thanks bro."

"Hey. I'd do anything to make you happy."

I smiled at him as we got in his truck.

"What do you wanna do at the mall?" Roman asked.

"I don't know. Just go into shops I guess." I shrugged, looking out the window.

"Maybe there's a new leather jacket in your furture." Roman chuckles, causing me to roll my eyes.