Chapter Thirty Four

You didn't wake up until noon the next morning. To be honest, you would have kept sleeping hadn't everyone begun to scream out of joy but, it was for a good cause.

"Hey, Fruitloop. Look." Sans smiled and pointed past, revealing huge grey walls, obviously under heavy security. You blinked and tilted your head to face the base. 

"Woah. This is the place?"

"This is the place." He smiled and grasp your hand, causing an awakening to your tired cheeks. The RV slowed to a stop, allowing Alphys to appear from the driver seat. Her small figure made her way to the back bunk, most likely to wake up Undyne or help Toriel out of the RV. 

There was a knocking at the door, which caused Gaster to answer the calling. This revealed a man, about early twenties. He wore a black bulletproof vest with a light brown t-shirt under. His pants and belt were black also, with plenty of gadgets secured to his waist.

"Hello, fellow monsters." He smiled and greeted everyone warmly. His eyes were wandering upon everyone in the enclosed space; it wasn't long until his reached Frisk and yourself. "Humans too?"

You nodded as you felt Sans' hand slip out of yours. His presence seemed to have intensified as he slipped past you and towards the man. With a cheeky smile, he held out his hand for a handshake.

"Heya, human. The name's Sans." 

You could hear Frisk giggle. 

"Nice. Mine's Matt." The man shook Sans' bony hand, allowing the sound of a whoopee cushion to blast through the car, allowing Frisk to laugh and you to smile. Papyrus and Mettaton groaned in disgust, while Gaster seemed a little proud of his distant son. There was a howl of amusement from Toriel, followed by Asgore's nervous chuckles. Alphys and Undyne had stayed silent. Matt turned a little pink and lifted his hand from Sans'.

"Oh gosh." The skeleton sputtered and laughed, revealing the small, pink whoopee cushion in his hand. "The old whoopee-cushion-in-the-hand trick. Love it!"

Matt just smiled and glanced at you in amusement.

"You got me good. Now, let's get everyone through the scanning room. And don't worry about your stuff. I'll have my squad go bring it to your rooms." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry, but humans and monsters must be in separate lines. It makes the process more efficient." Matt said and led both you and Frisk to another line. It was longer than the monsters' but you didn't really care. Frisk started to talk to the kids in front of you, and Matt decided to chaperon you along the line to keep you from being bored. "So, you actually for the monsters?"

"Of course!" You said firmly and frowned at him in disbelief. Who are you to doubt my standing?

"Cool." He smiled and looked down at you. You never noticed, but he was about the height of Undyne...which meant he was taller than you by about eight inches. "So, I'm assuming you're single?"

Okay...what? 

You looked up at him doubtfully and glanced over at Sans, who was gnashing his teeth in what you thought was jealousy. How cute.

"Nah. I'm taken." 

"Wait, what?" He blinked in surprised and smiled in doubt. "You're kidding!"

"Nope." You smiled proudly.

"I didn't see any other humans-"

"Matt!" To your relief, there was another male voice that scolded him. "What are you doing?! Get to your post!"