Chapter Fourteen

"I'LL GET IT!" Pap rushed himself to the door as the doorbell rang. Sans just grunted in response as he slammed the buttons on his video game controller. You were too focused on the screen to even reply as you began to rapidly spam your own controller.

"Dammit, Sans." You spat as he killed your character. He's won way too many times, and it was starting to get annoying.

"Heh. Sorry, kiddo." Sans chuckled and shot your character dead again.

"Seriously?!" You screamed as you heard Toriel and Frisk walk inside the house.

"Why...what is all the shouting about?" Toriel asked as she glanced over at the screen. You just laughed off your frustration and handed Sans the controller as he turned off the game.

"Nothing." You smiled and looked up at the goat. "Sorry, Toriel."

"It's alright. You seem a lot better today, my child." She smiled and gave you a hug, which Frisk quickly joined in.

"Hey, kid. Where's my hug?" Sans laughed, causing Frisk to grin and tackle him. Everyone seemed to slip together just fine and it wasn't long until two more monsters came in. One was a tall fish lady, a little shorter than Pap, and the other, a smaller, yellow dinosaur-like monster. The fish lady was wearing a black tank top and shorts while the dinosaur monster was wearing a loose, pink anime shirt and jean shorts.

"Hey Papyrus! Is this that human that you and Sans keep talking about?" The fish lady looked down at you with a toothy grin.

"YEP!" Papyrus smiled proudly as the smell of something burning reached the living room. He then rushed over into the kitchen, yelling out in panic. "MY SPAGHETTI!"

Everyone laughed as Pap screeched from frustration and panic. There was the clashing of pots and the splashing of water, causing you to smile.

When everyone finally settled down a bit, the fish monster turned around to face you. Her big smile revealed her sharp teeth, which slightly intimidated you.

"So, you were the only that defended that one monster from those humans, huh? You don't look like you're that strong." She muttered but quickly brought herself to grin again. "Whatever. My name's Undyne!"

"Nice to meet you, I'm-"

"(Y/n)? Yeah, I know." Undyne smiled and stepped to the side so the shorter monster that was hiding behind her slim legs could introduce themselves.

"O-oh! S-sorry...haha... Um... M-my names A-Alphys. I-it's nice to m-meet you." She blushed from her embarrassment and hid her face into her hands.

"It's nice to meet you too, Alphys." You smiled and waved at her.

"I heard a-a lot about y-you from Sans actually. Heh." She muttered with a loose grin. "He was really worried about you the other day."

You started to blush as the nerves flared within you again. Gosh...this feeling never gets old, does it?

"Oh my god! That was hilarious!" Undyne butted into the conversation. "We're talking about Wednesday, right?"

"Yeah." Alphys murmured as Undyne started to laugh. You glanced over at Sans who began to frantically bury himself into his thick hoodie.

"Oh! Oh!" Frisk bumped into you excitedly as she rushed up to Undyne, unable to stop herself from giggling. "Can we reenact what happened over the phone call when he was talking to Alphys?!"

"Heck yeah, Frisk! You know what, I'll be Sans! You can be Alphys!" Undyne said as she started to change her proud expression to a worried frantic. You started to giggle as Sans started mutter out some swearing remarks, causing Toriel to glare at him in warning.