Fifteen

new cover to match the other ones:) I really like it ahh

800 you guys I actually jumped for joy I went to bed with like 705 and woke up with over 800 woAh

Guys btw I always write on my phone which is why these updates are pretty spread out. Also, I'm working on like sixty other books (three of which yalls don't even know about oops) and it's summer so I'm busy and everything

-

Laurens,

Oh John, why can you not see that I am infatuated with you? I'd like to think that I'm not quite obvious about it, but that's not true. Sometimes, my brain deceives me and makes me believe that you actually could possibly like me, but then I am jolted back to reality. I wish, my dear, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I like you. I hardly knew the value you had taught my heart to set upon you. Indeed, my friend, it was not well done.

Yours forever, Alex [August 21st, 2016]

-

Alex's POV:

After sprinting out of John's dorm, I just walk around campus. I had calmed down enough to know where to go, but my thoughts hadn't calmed at all.

He never liked you. He didn't want to be your friend, nobody did. I bet they had a bet going on when John would tell me.

This is what happens when you try to trust people, Alex. You have a few days of happiness and then everything falls apart.

I decide to call a taxi and head to the nearest bar.

"Just get me to a bar, quickly. Please." I tell the cab driver, pulling out my phone and scrolling through the notifications.

"Are you underage?" The driver asks.

"Uh, yeah, why?" I ask.

"I'm not gonna bust you, but just so you know, a lot of drivers around campus are strict on underage drinking. I'll take you to one where you can get in, don't worry."

"Thanks." I tell him before noticing the six missed calls from John, one from Maria, and three from Lafayette.

I decide to listen to the voicemail from Laf, but ignore the others.

"Bonjour, hey, Alex! Um, John's here and he's really sad, he said that he needs to tell you something and, uh, oh, he's grabbing the phone, bye Alex." I hear the voices change and John says, "Alex, hi. You weren't answering my calls so I made Laf call you, guess you're just not on your phone. Um, so, I didn't mean what I said, earlier. I-I thought back to what I said and-and it sounded like I didn't want to be your friend, which, like, I don't, I want to be more, but you didn't know that. I'm assuming you won't listen to this, a-and, yeah. Um, if you do listen to this, call me. By the way, this is John."

After shutting off my phone, I think back to when I met John. He had introduced himself as gay, he had stared at me, and then invited me to someone's wedding, I almost let him... Yeah. We've been through a lot.

"Hey, man, sorry for listening, but it seems as if you can't understand this- That guy, John, he likes you. As in, more than a friend likes you. So, I think you should figure out whether you like him too."

I'm about to retaliate when he continues, "Dude, if he didn't like you, he wouldn't have called you from his friends phone, he would have just given up after calling from his. Think about it, have you ever thought about him as more than a friend?"

"Well, yes, but I didn't think he liked me. I didn't even know if we were friends. We've been in a few intimate moments, and we've kissed twice."

"Did you enjoy kissing him?"