Seven

Maria's POV:

After going back to an empty dorm to change into shorts and a crop top because the heat was sweltering I run across campus to the C building.

I pull out my phone to Skype Aaron.

its-pronounced-mariah: A a ron you never told me which room he was in

whos_asking: it's Spelled Aaron and it's C4102

its-pronounced-mariah: I am aware of how to spell your name, a a ron.

whos_asking: i Hate you

its-pronounced-mariah: :) <3

I shut my phone off, a massive grin on my face. I head to the elevator and press the button for the fourth floor and wait for the doors to close.

"Wait! Hold the elevator!" A voice yells.

I hold the door open button and the face for the voice comes sprinting in.

"What floor?" I ask the boy.

"Four."

"Okay," I say, turning silent. The lift dings to signal it's arrival to the fourth floor and we both get off, walking to the right.

I stop at the second door with the label 102, moving to the side to let the boy pass the room.

"This is, uh, my room..." the boy says.

"Oh! Are you John??" I ask, surprised. I was ready to knock.

"Yeah, that's me. Were you sent by Aaron?" He questions, opening the door.

"Yeah, I need the letter for Alex... What did you want me to do?"

He sets his key on the table by the bed before replying, "I need you to help me with something."

"Of course you do," I mumble.

"I haven't fucked anyone in about four months. Could you help me with that?" He asks bluntly taking off his shirt.

"And this is the only thing you want me to do? We hook up and then you give me the letter?" I ask, looking at his abs.

"Yep. No strings attached."

I think for a second. I mean, I could use a release, and this guy isn't that bad looking.

"One question... Do you have a girlfriend or some crazy ex who might come after me?"

He shakes his head.

"Cool, I'm in." He beams and walks towards the light switches, lowering the lighting to a dark setting.

"Let's do this."

-

Alex's POV: (Alexander Hamilton) (like two days later) (yeah)

Laurens-

When did my feelings for you begin? That first day, in the car. My friends were teasing me and then you were there in the front seat. That was my spot, but I didn't mind that you took it. Your bright blue eyes drew me closer and closer and your smile made me forget that I was falling, falling into the hole that I've dug for myself by liking you. If I could go back and erase all my feelings for you, I wouldn't. We've known each other for not too long, but still I adore every bit of you. How your emotion shows in your eyes, your feelings on full display. I wish, for the both of us, that the world wasn't so harsh about love. Love is love is love is love is love. It cannot be killed or swept aside. Why did you have to go and ruin the moment we were having? I do not regret, at all, these past few days. If people say we shouldn't be together, or that we're too young to know about forever, I say that they don't know what they're talking about. I wish for you to be mine, John, but that will never happen.

Yours truly, Alexander [August 18, 2016]

I fold the letter and place it in the box under my bed, then begin to pace around my small room.

Ah, write of the devil.

jlaurensintheplacetobe: hey

Don't flip time.

shmalexander.shmamilton: JOHN!

shmalexander.shmamilton: I DIDNT THINK YOU WERE EVER GONNA TALK TO ME AGAIN!!!

jlaurensintheplacetobe: I wasn't going to

jlaurensintheplacetobe: but my feelings took over my brain.

jlaurensintheplacetobe: I miss you

jlaurensintheplacetobe: I miss us hanging out, I mean

jlaurensintheplacetobe: Alex? Why aren't you saying anything??

shmalexander.shmamilton: I had to take a dump sorry

shmalexander.shmamilton: sorry for the wording, that was weird... I miss hanging out with you too.

jlaurensintheplacetobe: :)

shmalexander.shmamilton: are you still mad at me?

jlaurensintheplacetobe: well yeah but I think you probably have a good reason why you left so we should talk about it.

shmalexander.shmamilton: okay, can I call you?

jlaurensintheplacetobe: I actually have to go, can we meet up somewhere at maybe three?

YES! Okay, seem chill.

shmalexander.shmamilton: sure. Where?

jlaurensintheplacetobe: your dorm?

No, no no no no.

shmalexander.shmamilton: it's messy, library okay?

jlaurensintheplacetobe: okay cool. See you!

shmalexander.shmamilton: byeeeEe

I set my phone down before I have the urge to send a heart emoji to him.

Dear John,

I hope, for your sake just as much as mine, that I do not screw up today. I vow to not cry, scream, and, most importantly, punch you. I wouldn't be able to bear the pain of seeing your beautiful face bruised and hurt because of me. I'd hate to see anything happen to you no matter who did it. I wish to kill anyone who harms you and has ever harmed you in the past. Such a beautiful and kind boy, nothing should ever happen to you. For both of our sakes, I wish that these letters are never sent. To anyone reading this right now that is not myself- Do not let John see these. He does not need the weight of my liking for him to drag him down. I'll just stand by him, peacefully, for all his life, even when no one else is ever beside him. He'll never know of these times where I feel so strongly for him that I cannot take my mind off of his eyes, his lips, his body, his everything. To my future kids to whom I might be dumb enough to show these, first, go give your daddy a hug. Second, clean your room. Third, and last, if John is not my husband do not tell your father of these letters. To Alex, you insecure thing, you. Why did you fall for this boy ages ago? Why did you make your life miserable by falling for a boy who not only lives in close proximity to you, but also who is as straight as a ruler. And not those bendy rulers, the plastic one. Nevertheless, John, I shall never purposefully stop my feelings for you, no matter what straight object you are similar to. I'm lucky to be alive right now, but to be in the greatest city in the world with you, my dear Laurens, is my greatest joy.

As always, Alexander [August 18, 2016 (again)]

-

an:

Sorry for the two letters this chapter, I has inspiration from two books, one on Wattpad and one an actual book... not gonna tell you what they're called bc that'll ruin the surprise:)

In other news, Ustochina 's book Home is literally so cute and I just want to be her best friend sixosodidosdjxicjdnd

edit- guys literally in the last two letters John makes two one direction references and I knew the first one was a quote but I forgot what is was from until I read it, and I didn't even notice the second one until just now I'm in so deep helP