Eight

an-

pneigf wieylrhgnao isrobdh gedsuyfhbfesudgiyageksyitgfsdhvc

-

John's POV:

After pacing around my room, the halls, the campus, basically any flat surface available to pace on for about three hours I finally make my way to the library.

I take a deep breath and pull open the door, only to find that its stuck.

"Oh well, guess I can't talk to Alex..." I mumble to myself. I step back to allow someone to exit and then realize that it's a push door. 

I try again, this time pushing. "Idiot," I say under my breath.

I walk mindlessly around the library until I spot Alex in the kids center, playing with two little girls. They're climbing on him, pulling his long hair and giggling. I move from my hiding place to get closer and see if Alex is in pain, but he's laughing along with them.

I take out my phone and snap a few pictures of them, because hey, cuteness. I set the picture as my background and vow to never let anyone ever use my phone. 

Reluctantly, I step forward a few feet to Alex and tap him on the head. 

"Hey guys, mind if I steal Alex away for a second?" I ask the girls, avoiding Alex's gaze.

"Who are you??" The smaller one says.

"I'm John Laurens, who are you two?"

"I'm Alexa and she's Tina. I'm five and three quarters!" she says excitedly.

"Are you?!? I thought you were thirty-two!!" I say dramatically. I love kids.

The girls giggle and Tina says, "I'm one hundred and six!"

"Well you certainly don't look it! How do you stay looking so young??" I ask in an overly-fake valley girl voice.

"Lots of moisturizer, right Tina?" Alexa jumps in and Tina nods vigorously.

I nod slowly and respond, "Well, I need some of that!"

"Yeah yeah yeah, Tina can get you some blah blah blah... John, let's go." Alexander butts in.

The girls whine as I make a pouty face and Alex drags me away, so I mouth "call me!" and make the two burst out in giggles.

I turn around and smile. "They're nice. Where are we going?" 

Alex doesn't reply so I take that as my cue to stop talking. He still has a tight grip on my wrist, one slight move from him and we could be holding hands.

For his sake, I hope he doesn't make that move. For mine, however, I hope he does.

-

Maria's POV: (sorry not sorry)

The past five days since my hook up with John have been calm. I didn't give the letter to Alex yet because, frankly, I'm scared. Also, he hasn't come out of his room for most of the time, at least not when I've been in mine. 

Hopefully he's not dead, I should probably make sure that he's not.

Or, I could go to massive parties at the frat houses and drink until I pass out.

"Hey Peggy! Did you hear about that party the Delta boys are throwing tonight?"

"Yeah, let's go!!"

"Awesome, what should I wear?" I ask through the phone and hear no response. Weird, Peggy normally drops anything to talk about-

"Sorry I took so long! This blue dress would look great on your skin tone, but you rock anything so I basically brought my whole closet," Peggy says after bursting through my front door, out of breath.

"I like the red one, maybe white for you?" I say calmly, used to Peggy's strangeness.

"I'm wearing black, it attracts the guys."

I giggle at her sentence and grab the lacy red dress from her.

-

"Hey Aaron, didn't know you were a frat boy!" I yell after scanning the party and spotting him. Aaron makes his way over and takes in my outfit.

His eyes scan everywhere and it makes me uncomfortable so I strut forward a few steps and do a model twirl.

"Damn," Aaron says, eyeing the cleavage that this dress puts on full display.

"Thanks? So, when did you become a frat boy, A-a-ron?" I ask him, maneuvering around couples to get to the kitchen.

"I'm not one, just friends with a few guys in it. Have I ever told you that you have a great ass?"

I snort and grab a beer from the cooler. "No because we just met a few days ago and I'm pretty sure that topic never came up."

"It should have because, wow." Aaron says, biting his lip.

"O-kay, anyways... Any cool events happening tonight?" I ask, trying to get away from the impending weirdness. I walk back towards the party but Aaron stops me, pinning me against the wall.

"Not that I know of, but we could make one in the rooms upstairs later, or now if you wanted..."

His face comes closer and closer to mine and is about an inch away when I move my free hand between our faces.

"As much fun as that sounds, I don't even know you." I say sarcastically.

"You didn't know John but yet you still hooked up with him," Aaron whines. "Besides, you know me, you even have a nickname for me."

"Yeah, but anyone could call you A-a-ron. Also, I don't have John in any classes, therefore we'll never see each other again. We have, like, three classes together. Can I get an 'awkward'!" I say nervously.

Aaron pouts so I take my hand away, but he seizes the opportunity to plant his lips on mine.

Aaron Burr. Is kissing me. In a kitchen. And I'm not pushing him away.

The kiss lasts for a few seconds before I come to my senses and shove him off of me.

"You didn't kiss me back," Aaron states quietly.

"Because I don't want to ruin the friendship we have. I'm sorry," I say, genuinely sorry for the guy.

"I'm not going to stop trying. I don't regret falling for you, Maria."

"You should. You done messed up, A-a-ron."

-

an-

Lmao I've been wanting to have Maria say that since I brought in Aaron

SORRY FOR THE PRETTY MUCH FILLER CHAPTER I HAVE WRITERS BLOCK KIND OF BUT HEY AT LEAST ITS AN UPDATE A DAY:)

DIANNNAAAA LET ME BE THE ONE TO LIGHT A FIRE INSIDE THOSE EYES

Also, there might be other books that I'm planning as a sequel and prequel ;)

Guys Maria said the same thing to Aaron as Alex did to John what am I

Love yalls