Chapter 25: Comeback

Worlds- Quarterfinals [Week 3]

They boys loaded into the first game and it was over just like that, no mistakes, no problems, it seemed as if it was going to be an easy series, but I was wrong.

They held their own for the first 20 minutes of the second game before they started to crumble. They started making bad calls, getting impatient. I saw Jack with his head in his hands as Fnatic took down the nexus at the 34 minute mark.

We joined the team backstage for the little time we have.

"Look guys, I know how much this means to you and I know you are trying your very hardest, but we have to try harder okay?" Jack told them. The boys nodded.

There were shouts of confidence from around the circle and Jack managed to pump the team up for game three.

I kissed Jensen before he headed back to the stage.

"You got this guys!" I yelled.

~~~~~~
~~~~~~

This was it, the series winning game.

This game would make or break their Worlds run, losing was not an option.

They had locked in picks and bans and were heading onto the rift for game 3.

I was nervously pinching my arms and Elizabeth was clinging onto Danan. They had to win, they just had to.

~~~~~~
~~~~~~

They were 37 minutes in and had killed the other teams AD and Support. They made the Baron call and I winced as I heard the casters disagree with the call.

They were bush jumped and zoned and somehow lost the 3v5.

"This could be game!" Phreak exclaimed.

"Cloud 9 who had started out in this tournament just so strong might be looking at going home!" Rivington yelled.

I felt tears build up. It was so intense. Their base was getting pushed and no one was alive to stop it. The AD and Support had rejoined the group. I looked at Elizabeth and we locked eyes, we knew it was over.

And just like that, their nexus was gone, the game was over, they lost in quarters.

I felt a few tears run down my cheeks and the boys stood up and gathered, disappointed, there were some tears as we joined them on the stage. We shook hands with Fnatic who had just beat us and stayed silent as the casters interview Rekkles on how they managed to regroup.

My heart was heavy. And my thoughts were swirling around in my head. I noticed the lights shift but I wasn't paying as much attention as I should have been.

"I felt an arm on my shoulder and I was spun around."

"What the fu-" I was cut off by Sneaky telling me to be quiet.

Jensen stepped in front of me.

"Look. I wanted to do this after we won Worlds but that's not going to happen so I'm just going to say this now." His voice had turned cheery, completely opposite of the sadness that had taken over not 10 seconds before.

I smiled but I was confused.

"Lyn, this may be the end of our Worlds run," He started lowering his knee to the ground, I looked to the boys who looked surprised but like they had known all along, "but it's definitely just the beginning of my life with you..." I was shaking at this point as I watched his every move and then it hit me, "Will you marry me?"
______
That's it that's the end. I'll probably put out an epilogue so don't delete this yetttt. SERIOUSLY WAIT FOR THE EPILOGUE ITS AN EXTRA CHAPTER

Anyways keep an eye out for Bunny Bait coming soooooon.

--Riss<3

It's gon be reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal great 10/10 trust me she spills all the secrets to me don't ask for favors

-smdguzzguzz on steam