Chapter 1: Hype Day

Hype Day-

*1 month ago*

"Dude, I got a letter from UCLA today!" I said over Skype to my best friend Ax.

"Me too! Did you open yours?" He asked. I looked at my cam and shook my head.

"Nope, I knew you would want to open them at the same time." I smiled.

"You know me so well."

"Ready?"

"Ready."

"3-2-1" We counted down together.

I looked down at the letter I held in my shaking hands.

"Dude, I'm in." I looked back up at the cam.

"No way..." Ax looked up at his cam too. "Lyn, I made it too! We did it! We're going to college together!"

---

"Bye mom, I'll miss you." I hugged my mom goodbye before heading out to the cab. We had somehow convinced whoever was in charge, to let us stay in an apartment near campus, which apparently was an option.

We made it to the airport with about an hour to spare. I turned on my vlogging camera and started up a vlog for the channel I was going to be running.

Our parents had flown out with us the previous week to help us get the apartment set up and ready for us to live in.

"I'm so ready for this!" I squealed as the plane took off.

"Me too!" Ax said and we zoned out.

*Back to present day*

"Will you shut the fuck up?" I heard Ax call from the opposite room. "I mean damn, I know your stream is popular or whatever but I'm trying to sleep here!"

"Ax... It's only 6 in the afternoon, you don't even have class until 10 tomorrow morning, remember? We're going to get breakfast at IHOP!" I laughed and turned back to my stream.

Ax was lying when he said it was popular. It only had around 25 viewers most times, but it was still a fun thing because they were active a lot.

"Alright boys, this is the moment of truth!" I said as I loaded onto the rift. "Some of you guys have been with me since Bronze II and here I am, last game of my promos for Challenger, it's been quite the journey. Now let's see, I'm 2-0 so if I win this I'm golden!" It made me excited just thinking about it. I had 3 more games I could potentially play, and all I had to do was win one.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LYNNIE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" I spun around in my chair and saw Ax standing behind me with a box full of presents.

"Awe Ax, you didn't have too!" I said looking into his chocolate brown eyes. I stood up to hug him, though he was 6 foot, whilst I was only 5 foot 3, making it a bit of a stretch.

"Yes I did, you are my best friend forever and it is your 18th birthday today so I did!" He smiled as I sat back down. He ran a hand through his black hair that sat in a quiff on top of his head.

"Well I know you're in game, so I'll be back in 20 minutes so you can open those." He winked and headed back to his room.

The chat was exploding with compliments on Ax. I checked my stream preview to make sure I looked fine, and sure enough I did. My brown to blue silver hair was still straightened neatly and matched my icy blue eyes and olive skin.

I adjusted the hood of my sweatshirt and headed to lane.

---

"I DID IT!" I screamed as I took down the nexus. I was now Challenger.

"Did what?" Ax came running in.

"I made Challenger!"

"Dude that's amazing! And on your birthday!"

"I know, I know. Can I open these now?" I asked, referring to the box of presents. Ax smiled and handed it to me.

"On camera?" He asked, just to make sure.

"Of course, they want to see too." The chat agreed and I began.

There were two twenty five dollar rp giftcards, a Gnar plush, two new League t-shirts, a Chipotle giftcard, and an envelope which I saved for last.

"This is the best birthday ever! Thank you Ax!" I said. He smiled.

"Glad I could help, you gonna open that?" He pointed to the envelope in my hands.

"Of course, here we go." I winked at my camera and looked back down.

"There's a few things in there so be careful."

I nodded. Inside the envelope there were two more envelopes which I pulled out one at a time.

"Dude sweet! I'm so hyped for this!" I smiled and showed the stream the tickets from the envelope. There were tickets to every weekend of the LCS for the rest of the summer split, which still had 6 weeks left.

"I knew you'd like it, we go this Saturday." He moved closer to me.

"EEEEEP!" I screamed before reaching into the other envelope.

"No way dude, this is literally the best." I smiled. It had two tickets, plus plane tickets, to the summer split finals that were being held in the Disney Wide World of Sports arena in Florida.

"I knew it was the best, because only the best for you."

I laughed. "This is going to be great."

"I know it is."

"Well that's it for this stream guys, I'll see you tomorrow after my class. Summer classes only go on for another week or so, so we'll be done and able to stream more often until semester actually starts."

I waved before turning off my stream.

Ax and I had decided to take two of our programming courses over the summer to get them out of the way and there was currently one week left.

"One week and we're done for two months."

"Yasssss." I screamed. It wasn't like it was hard or anything, I just wanted more free time in my day. "Thank you so much for everything today." I hugged Ax again.

"Yeah, it's no problem, like I said, anything for you, my bestest friend in the whole. Wide. WORLD!" He picked me up and spun me in a circle before putting me down.

"Same."

_____

So yea, I restarted the book as you can see, but this time I kinda have a better idea for what I want to do so yeet.

--RiS<3