24.

August

Pae returned home hours later. I knew somethin' was wrong with her and I'm about to find out right now. She walked into our bedroom and started changin' into her night clothes. I can't quite put my finga on it, but somethin' is different about her.

I cleared my throat, "Baybeh, where ya been?"

"I was with Krystal," she responded, not lookin' at me.

I raised my eyebrow, "Wit Krystal doin' what?"

Pae laughs, "She had the funniest idea. She thought I was pregnant so I took a pregnancy test and it came back negative." She says, takin' out her purse and showin' it to me.

I was a lil disappointed, I was hopin' that she was pregnant with my baybeh. But, it was only a pregnancy test from the store, we need to go to an actual doctor to find out. "I'm makin' you an appointment tomorrow to go see an actual doctor," I told her.

"Why waste your money and come up with the same results August?"

"Because them damn pregnancy test ain't always accurate," I retorted.

She smacked her lips and rolled, "Fine August do what you wanna do."

"If you don't lose that attitude, Ima fuck it outta ya." I told her.

She smirked, "Don't threaten me with a good time."

I laughed and patted a spot next to me on the bed, "You're somethin' else baybeh, come lay next to Big Daddy Aug."

Pae playfully rolled her eyes and got in the bed next to me, "You know I can't stand you right?"

I wrapped my arms around her, "I love you too baybeh." I kissed her forehead. "You know Alaysha almost called me daddy today?"

"Really?"

I nodded my head, "Mmhmm, I'm actually kinda flattered that she felt comfortable to call me that."

"It's really cute," she smiled, then frowned. "I just don't want her to find out later on down the line who her real sperm donor is."

"We got a long time for that conversation. Anyways, I've been more of a father than that sick bastard has ever been."

She nodded her head in agreement, "Yeah you're right. How did I get so lucky?"

"I ask myself the same question every day." I responded honestly, "I love you Pae."

She smiled at me and pecked my lips, "I love you too Aug."

Patience

The Next Day

I still can't believe that August is still making me go to this doctor's appointment. I took the pregnancy test so that's all the proof you need to know that I'm not pregnant. I may have been a little sick every now and again, but that happens every time the weather changes or when I make sudden movements. August is driving like a bat out of hell and it's making me sick, again.

"Babe can you slow down?" I asked, trying not to throw up.

"Not now baybeh, we're runnin' late." He told me, not taking his eyes off the road.

I roll my eyes and hold my stomach as he continues to drive like a maniac. Shit at the rate that he's driving, we probably won't even make it to the appointment because he probably will kill us all. "Don't you remember that we have someone else in the car?" I hinted, trying to remind him that Alaysha is in the car too.

"Oh yeah, you're right," he chuckles, slowing down until we reach the building.

***

"Okay Ms. Moore, I need you to give me a urine sample and Mr. Alsina you can follow me to the examine room." The nurse instructed, handing me a cup.

I sighed going into the bathroom and following her directions. After I finished, I washed my hands and went into the examine room and sat on the bed. The nurse came in and took a blood sample and asked me a few questions and stepped back out of the room.

"So how ya feelin'?" Aug asked me.

"I feel like I need to throw up," I told him honestly.

Alaysha gave me a concerned look, "Are you sick mommy?"

I gave her a reassuring smile, "I'm fine baby, I promise."

There was a knock on the door and the doctor entered the room with a smile on her face. "Hello Patience and August, I'm Doctor Williams and I will be assisting you today." She looks over at me, "So you came here to see if you're pregnant, is that correct?"

I gave her a slight smile, "Well actually, my boyfriend made this appointment for me because he told me we needed a second opinion. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back negative."

She nodded, "Okay, well looking at the results of the pregnancy test that you took today, it shows that you are indeed pregnant Ms. Moore."

"YES!" August yelled out in excitement.

I sat there not saying anything. I really don't know how to feel right now. Am I really ready for another baby? How do I know he won't leave me after I start getting fat? All my insecurities are hitting me all at once.

"Ms. Moore," Dr. Williams called, snapping me out of my thoughts. "I'm about to give you an ultrasound so we can see the little one. I need you to lift up your shirt so I can put the jelly on your stomach."

I raised up my shirt and she applied the cold jelly to my stomach and turned on the machine. The baby's heartbeat immediately filled the room and I saw it on the screen. "Right now the baby is the size of a poppy seed and will soon start to develop all of the organs. Do you all have any questions?" I shook my head no, while August asked if we could have pictures from the ultrasound. Dr. Williams left out the room to get the pictures.

"I can't believe my baybeh is having my baybeh." August said, getting up and pecking my lips.

I gave him a small smile and stayed silent because I still didn't know how to feel about being pregnant again.

He stared at me, "What's wrong with you? You ain't happy?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I really don't know how to feel about it August." I responded honestly.

He grabbed my hands, "Listen to me baybeh, I know you didn't enjoy ya first pregnancy because of obvious reasons, but best believe things are gonna be completely different with this one. I love ya and I know you love me because you still with a nigga. I will be there every step of the way. I'm happy because with you, I ain't gotta worry about you havin' another nigga baybeh like my triflin' ex." He kissed my hand, "How do ya feel now?"

I gave him a smile, "I feel a lot better now. I'm still working on opening up about my feelings. I'm actually happy that I'm having your baby and that I'm sharing this moment with you. I love you."

"I love you too Pae," he kissed my forehead.

Dr. Williams came back in and smiled, "I have those picture for you. I will see you all next month for your next appointment. You two have a nice day."

I'm having a baby and I'm actually happy about it.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow.