19.

Patience

I woke up with Aug's arms wrapped around me. I smiled and stared at him as he slept. Moving in with him is the best decision I could have made. I feel a lot safer and Alaysha has her own room now. When he asked me to move in with him, I was kind of hesitant, but he reassured me that I would be fine. And I must say that these past few days have been pretty good.

"Why you starin' at me like that Pae?" Aug mumbled sleepily with his eyes still closed.

I chucked, "Just thinking."

He opened his eyes and slightly sat up, "Thinkin' bout what love?"

"Just how different my life would have been if you wouldn't have been harassing me when you first met me," I smirked.

I watched his facial expression change from a smirk to a shock, "I harassed you? Nah baybeh, I think it was the other way around."

I laughed, "Boy, you must have a slight case of amnesia."

He kissed my forehead, "Nah, never that baybeh. I just love messin' witchu."

I playfully rolled my eyes, "Okay Anthony."

"I love you Monet," he kissed my cheek.

I smiled and looked at him, "I love you too Auggie Pooh."

He scrunched up his face, "Auggie Pooh? Where in the hell did you come up with that?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know, I guess since Lay calls you Auggie, I decided to call you that."

"I guess that's okay, just don't say that shit in public or around my brotha's."

"Deal," I smirk.

"MOMMY!" Alaysha yelled.

I sighed before getting out of bed and August following suit. We walked into her bedroom and see Alaysha sitting up in her bed looking at us. One good thing about moving in with August is she was finally able to have her own space. It was hard the first night to get her to adjust to sleeping by herself, but now she's okay.

"What's wrong sweetie?" I asked her.

"I'm hungry," she pouted.

"C'mon munchkin," August said picking her up. "Let's getcha some food. Where do you wanna go?"

"McDonalds!" she yelled enthusiastically.

I shook my head, "No way."

"Mommy please?" she pouted.

"Yeah, mommy please?" August mimicked.

I chucked before giving in, "Okay we can go."

An immediate smile formed of Lay's face. "Yay! Wuv you mommy!"

I smiled at her, "Love you too Chocolate Drop."

August smacked his lips, "I guess y'all don't love me." he fake pouts.

I playfully rolled my eyes, "I love you too Auggie Pooh."

"I wuv you Auggie," Alaysha tells him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

He chuckles, "I love y'all too."

***

"I'm glad y'all decided to invite us to this mini family outing," Storm spoke as he sat down on the other side of the both.

"Yeah, you know I was hungry," Krystal chimed in. Krystal is now five months pregnant and we found out that she was pregnant with a girl this time.

"When are you not hungry Krys?" I asked her with a smirk on my face.

"Fuc- I mean forget you Patience." Krystal told me.

I smiled at her and blew her a kiss, "Love you too sis-in-law."

We order our food and now we're sitting down enjoying our breakfast. My phone starts ringing, I look down and see it's my dad calling so I answer.

"Hey Daddy."

"Hey Princess. I have some news to tell you."

I shift a little in my seat, "What's going on?"

He takes a deep breath, "Your mother and I are getting a divorce."

It's about damn time. I think as I try to hide the smile on my face. "What happened?"

He chuckles, "I know you're smiling on the other end of the phone but I caught her coming in late last night and we talked which resulted in me kicking her out of the house and filing for divorce."

"I'm happy for you dad," I responded genuinely.

"Me too Princess. Why don't you come over here? I haven't seen my two favorite girls in a while."

I looked over at Storm who was giving me a weird look, "Is it okay if I bring some friends over?"

"Sure baby girl it's no problem. Just as long as I get to see you."

I smiled, "Okay, see you soon." I hung up and looked over at Storm.

"What was that all about?" Storm asked with the same weird look in his face.

"Well Dad is divorcing our mother and he wants me to come over and talk, but I asked him could I invite some friends over."

He raised his eyebrows, "What did you do Patience?"

I smiled innocently, "Big brother, can you finally tell Dad that you're here for good?"

He rolled his eyes, "Well since Essence is about to be out of the picture, I guess can finally get this over with."

Storm

I can't believe I let Patience talk me into this. She better be glad that I love her, I kinda miss our dad, and he needs to know his grandchildren or else I would've said hell no. I pulled up in front of the house behind August and Patience and killed the engine.

"Are you nervous?" Krys asked me.

I looked at her, "Honestly, I am nervous. I haven't seen my dad in three years."

She grabbed my hand, "You won't be alone baby. You have Patience, August and I for support."

I smirked at her, "And this is why I love you." I pecked her lips.

I heard knocking on my window so I looked and saw August's lanky ass standing there with Alaysha in his arms, "Get ya ass out the car nigga so we can get this over with."

Patience smacked him upside the head, "What did I tell you about cussing in front of my child Anthony?"

Krystal and I started to laugh as we got out of the car. That's what his ass gets for knocking on my window. I got Tyson out of the car and followed behind Patience to the front door.

Patience knocked on the door and while I waited on Dad to open the door, I debated if I wanted to go to my car and peel off down the street. The door opened and there stood our dad standing there.

"Hey my two favorite girls and August," he greeted.

"Hey Daddy." Patience spoke.

"Wassup Evan."

"Nothing much man, Patience where are those friends you were asking me about."

I felt my heart rate speed up as Patience and August stepped out of the way revealing Krystal, Tyson, and I.

"Wassup Pops?" I asked nervously.

He stared at me with a look of disbelief on his face, "Storm?"

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow.