9.

Patience

"Baybeh, I didn't know you was savage." August laughed through the phone.

I laugh. "I didn't even do anything crazy."

He starts to laugh even harder. "You threatened her life if she ever tried to ever talk, touch, or look at me again."

I smack my lips. "And I was dead serious."

"My baybeh don't play about her baybeh huh?" I could feel him smirking through the phone when he said that.

"Ya damn right." I respond with a smirk on my face.

He chuckles. "Good, I'm gonna let you get some sleep, goodnight baybeh."

"Goodnight babe." I hang up and put my phone on the charger.

Tonight was an eventful night from that bitch that tried to test me at my job. I swear if I wasn't working the bar tonight, she would have caught these hands. It wasn't even the fact that she was flirting with Aug right in front of me, but the bitch had the nerve to get in my face and call me out of my name. So I politely put her in her place. Then when I went to pick up Alaysha, I talked to Storm. I understand why he was hesitant on letting our father know that he was back in town, but he just needs to trust me. I would hate to go behind his back and tell our dad, but I might have to. I'm going to talk to him one more time before I make my decision.

I grab my laptop and my assignments and sit on my bed so I can start my homework before I have to be in class tomorrow. I kiss Alaysha's forehead and get to work.

August

"Bout time yo cakin' ass get off the phone." Mel says while rolling his eyes while I got off the phone.

I smack my lips. "Shut up nigga, yo ass is always talkin' shit."

He starts to laugh a lil bit. "You already know nigga, but you ready to make this drop?"

"Yeah man, let's get this money." I respond. In all honesty, I didn't want to make this drop because something about this situation didn't feel right. But Mel kept insisting that I come with him and he would split the profit with me.

We take off in the unmarked car and drive to our destination in silence. I'm kind of glad it's quiet because it gives me time to think. Hopefully this feeling that I'm feeling is nothing to worry about and I'm just trippin'.

Before we get out of the car, Mel decides to give me a prep talk. "Yung, I know you didn't want to do this tonight, but think about this, you get half of whatever we make tonight."

"Aight man, let's get this over with." I respond as I open the door to get out the car. I pull my hood over my head and make sure my gun in my pocket.

Melvin and I walk up to the guys and I feel that bad feelin' comin' over me again. I shake it off as we stand in front of these niggas.

"You got the stuff?" One of these niggas asked us.

"Yeah man, I got the stuff." Mel responds pullin' out the weed and cocaine.

One of the guys grabs the products out of Mel's hands with a smirk on his face. I peep the smirk, but Mel doesn't catch it. The other guy pulls out some type of badge with a huge smirk on his face. "POLICE FREEZE!"

Mel pulls out his gun and shoots the undercover cop in his knee. "Yung run!" He tells me, shooting the other officer in his knee.

I take off running to the car and I hear them calling for backup.

Decided to give you guys a filler. Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow. Patience is in the MM.