76. The Wedding (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Adele watched as Costanzo blushed "I .... I asked her to marry me and .... she said yes..."

Adele smiled "Congratulations..." Adele found Costanzo so adorable. His cheeks were blushing and she could see the joy and relief in his eyes. She then asked the anticipated question "so when are you getting married?"

Costanzo spoke "There is no rush any more now. After I proposed to Amaranta, I told my aunt Patricia that Amaranta said yes. Without my knowledge she spoke to the Don. The Don gave his blessing and gave his word that he would protect Amaranta in every way. So tonight at the dinner near the end of the wedding reception, the Don would officially announce my engagement to Amaranta. The Don has officially supported me so there is no danger of Arturo to try to hurt Amaranta or her family. Arturo would be going against the Don if he ever tries to start a war with the Voltolinis for no reason now that there is a peace alliance through marriage sealed..."

Adele asked impatiently "So ... can you marry her? When can you marry her if you are engaged today?"

Costanzo spoke " Amaranta and I are engaged but it will take time to get to know each other better after all these years.... Anna offered that I can marry around Christmas or New Year time when she is getting married. Antonio is marrying Georgina in the same week as when Anna marries Arturo. The weddings would be in Sicily most likely. I think a triple Rosario wedding in one week would work but I need abit more time with Amaranta. Amaranta would go back to the States with my aunt Patricia and will stay with her. Then I can visit her from time to time and we can make the relationship work."

Adele sighed "I am so happy for you. I am glad Amaranta is safe for now.... But if all weddings would be in Sicily then ... would Francesco attend? Can I attend with him?"

Costanzo spoke "I honestly don't know. It would be Francesco's decision. There is time left. Maybe when Antonio and I return to New York we can discuss it slowly with Francesco but I doubt that. We have bigger things to worry about."

Adele knew what he meant. Francesco had been honest with her about how he felt towards his cousin and brother. Since they were to be husband and wife, there was not going to be any secrets between them regarding their personal life or rather Francesco was trying his best to keep it that way as long as the truth did not hurt Adele or traumatise her. He was surely going to confront his cousin and his brother whom were his business partners too. Adele felt sorry for them but she knew their blood bond was going to help them survive these conflicts.

Suddenly the door opened and Anna alongside Georgina walked in. They raised eyebrows as they saw Costanzo. Anna spoke "Antonio was looking for you and Angelo. Make your way to the front. You must be ready. Your car would be following ours."

Costanzo nodded and smiled at Adele respectfully and slightly bowed as he left. " See you at the church Adele." He then walked outside and Adele turned to the girls "Is it time?"

Georgina grabbed a bucket of flowers from a table and handed it to Adele "This is it girl. I can't believe you are Mrs. Rosario in less than an hour."

Anna walked around Adele, inspected her dress " You look great. Your dress fits perfectly and all is well Adele. If you need a moment before you enter the church, there is a room for the bride to be alone with her father or anyone she likes. If you were nervous you can have a glass of water there and then come outside when you are ready."

Georgina handed Anna a bouquet  of flowers and picked one for herself. "Let's go now ladies. Are you ready Adele?"

Adele nodded. The girls took their positions behind her and Adele took a few deep breaths and walked outside the room. The corridors were decorated so nicely and guards were everywhere but they did not look at Adele which helped her not to be intimidated. The men working for the Don looked scary.