28. Mob War Erupts (Part 4)

Adele was standing at her window with crossed arms over her chest. She was looking outside into the distance thinking back to the events of this morning. She felt devastated about how her beautiful moments with Francesco had to come to such unexpected and abrupt end. She was torn to pieces at finding out that her brother was a traitor to Francesco's organisation. She had little understanding of Francesco's business but even she understood the seriousness of situation. She knew her brother had crossed a bridge of no return.

Adele felt tears coming to her eyes immediately. She knew it was going to be much worse than she could imagine. Francesco had promised not to kill her brother but he hadn't ruled out making him suffer like any other traitor. Angelo was going to learn the hard way to be loyal to Francesco and there was nothing she could do to save him from the pain that Angelo had brought on himself. Even though she knew Angelo deserved to pay for betraying Francesco, she didn't understand why he had to be tortured. Why couldn't he have to pay for his crimes in other ways. She cringed at the thought of possibility of Angelo being tied up in the cellar and beaten down to a bloody pulp like how Michael had been.

Adele jumped as a key turned in the locks she wiped off her tears worrying Francesco could see her cry and all hell was going to break loose. Before Francesco had left to get her some lunch, he had specifically told her that he didn't want to see her crying any more now that he had spared her brother. She saw the bathroom door and decided to hide for a while so he didn't get any more mad for seeing her tearful. She ran to the bathroom and locked the door behind her. Then she heard his voice "Sweetheart. What was the rush to the bathroom? Are you alright?"

Adele spoke quickly "I am fine. I felt sick that is all. I just need to freshen up a little." She then walked to the sink and washed her face with cold water trying not to show that she had just been sobbing. Not that she was successful.

Francesco shouted as he turned the door knob of the locked bathroom "Open the door sweetheart. I need to see if you are alright. Open the door or I will break it. I think you didn't have much breakfast. that's why you feel sick. I brought you some spaghetti with meat balls and grated cheese. Open up now."

Adele sighed and shouted back "Wait, I am not descent. Let me dress. I am coming out. Just a minute." She was wetting her face trying to make her puffy eyes and tearful state better hoping Francesco wasn't going to get angry.

Francesco knocked "I give you to the count of three. If you don't open the door, I will break it sweetheart."

Adele quickly walked to the door and opened the lock "Don't. Wait."

To say Francesco was furious was an understatement. He grabbed Adele's hand and pulled her to his chest embracing her "Why? Why do you waste your tears on him? He is not worth it? I told you I wont kill him. Isn't that enough? Maybe it doesn't matter if he lives or dies. Either way you are going to cry. What was the point of sparing him then?" He spat the words out with gritted teeth.

Adele was alarmed. She reached her arms around his waist speaking in a panic "No. I am just feeling sick. Its not that. Please don't change your mind.... I am happy now." She then gave him a forced smile.

Francesco sighed in frustration and pulled away "Fine, I believe you..... I want you now to have some food sweetheart. I want to see you eat something before I go to my lengthy meeting." He then pointed to the tray on the dining table in the room."

Adele nodded and walked to the table as Francesco let her go. Francesco followed her and pulled a seat out for her "Sit down. I hope you like meatballs."

Adele sat down and spoke "I love it."

Francesco smiled and sat down opposite Adele and watched her eat.