6. Dreaming What She Feared

Adele was staring at Francesco in disbelief. She spoke in a low tone " I think I heard wrong. Did you say shopping? Francesco I don't even think your room has enough space for what we have bought so far let alone even more clothes......."

Francesco spoke " Firstly. It's not my room. It's our room. Secondly you can move any thing you want to our room on the third floor which we will move into fully after we get married. I told you that the third floor is for our family. The elevator to the third floor is now working too. My engineers got it up and running yesterday so it's almost ready now. There is more cupboard and wardrobe space there compared to our temporary room. My designers said they need a few more weeks to decorate our children's rooms properly. But our room is finished getting decorated so you can move anything you want in there ready for our married life."

Adele spoke " You are going too fast. Francesco. I don't know if you want to hear this but ...."

Francesco spoke firmly as he looked at Adele coldly " Then don't say anything then. If you think I wouldn't want to hear it. Don't say it. I may get angry sweetheart and that wouldn't end well. I don't want us to ruin our date."

Adele was alarmed so she remained quiet and carried on eating. Of course she didn't want to take his threat lightly. Francesco probably could tell she was going to discuss her disapproval of him discussing married life even though it hadn't happened yet.

Adele whispered " Fine."

Adele was then startled at Francesco's voice " Come now. Stop playing with your empty tub. You are having more ice cream."

Adele looked up " No more for me."

Francesco stood up and walked up to the counter with his empty ice cream bucket and Adele's one too that he had picked up on his way.

As Francesco got behind the counter he spoke " I wasn't asking sweetheart. You are having more ice cream. Don't make a habit of questioning me too much. Then you may do that in public by mistake and that would have consequences."

Adele got up from her seat and walked to the back of the counter. She leaned to the wall as she watched Francesco loading the ice cream tubs. She spoke in a whisper " I really cant have more. Can't we share one?..... wait .... What is in the blue ice cream? Are you not giving me the same specialty one."

Francesco spoke " Blue ice cream is just for the blueberry flavour. I added blue to the other flavours you just had. Well it's colours of American flag and Italian flag combined. But I like your idea of sharing. I would love to share anything with you. It's the nicest thing you have ever said today." He then turned around and walked to Adele with the ice cream. He handed Adele the bucket.

As Adele took the ice cream tub, she felt Francesco's hands at her waist. He lifted her up and sat her down on a table. Adele felt nervous at their closeness and moved back but her back hit the wall. The table top was too small. She swallowed hard as she saw herself eye level with Francesco. He was standing with his hands on the table at either side of her looking at her sitting form with a smile. He then smirked " All right then. Try it. Have a taste."

Adele shakily took a scoop of the blueberry ice cream and put it in her mouth. She spoke "Wow. It tastes heavenly."

Francesco spoke " My turn."

Adele held the ice cream bucket up "Here."

Francesco smirked " No. It was your idea to share. Share the ice cream with me. But wait a second." He then leaned close and kissed her lips gently. He pulled away. He whispered " I had to have taste of your lips first. I need to compare it to the ice cream. Go on then now. I am waiting."