5. Memory Lane

Francesco was really making Adele lose her patience. He was the worst person to go shopping with. After breakfast they has gone to the French boutique Adele had chosen clothes from with the help of Georgina. Then Francesco had made her try out every single one of the clothes she had picked and had dismissed about half of them. Now she was trying on clothes Francesco had picked for her when they had entered the shop.

Adele had been trying on so many clothes by that point and was exhausted. The latest outfit she had just put on in the changing room was a long sleeve white dress. She liked its silky smooth feel but Francesco had put so many clothes with a similar style in their basket to buy.

Adele sighed in frustration and walked out the private changing room. She saw Francesco sitting on the sofa he had been sitting on all this time judging her, sipping from a cup. This must have been the fifth cup of tea they had brought him. As he saw Adele coming he put down the cup on the table next to him and stood up. His eyes sparkling with excitement. He walked to Adele and towered over her. He spoke " I love it. You look beautiful in this dress. I think we should add this to the list of clothes for our honeymoon."

Adele gasped. She had kept quiet mostly so far but enough was enough. Francesco was going too far. She put her hands on her hips and spoke " You are out of your mind. You have made me try on clothes for outings and parties. I put up with it. You made me try on night dresses. I said nothing. You made me wear a swim suit ....."

Francesco cleared his throat " Swim suit that I never even got to see. You didn't show it to me. That doesn't count. Maybe you didn't wear it. Also sweetheart, you also didn't show me your night dresses and hid them under the night gown. They don't count either. What's the big deal with swim suites and night dresses? Are you afraid to look too irresistible for me. That's a good point but I have self control. I am waiting till the wedding night for us to go any further with our relationship."

Adele narrowed her eyes. She hated to admit it that it was true. She was afraid if she wore too revealing clothes Francesco was going to lose it. Even when she was wearing slightly more chic dresses when they went out, she could feel his intense glare getting deeper and she had noticed he kept kissing her more frequently. She was afraid of how much she could affect Francesco. But she didn't want to admit it.

Adele spoke " You didn't let me speak further. Where was I? Oh yes. Then you made me try on engagement dresses and wedding dresses. Then you made me wear all these white dresses which I now find out are meant for our imaginary honeymoon. What's next?"

Framcesco looked thoughtful " Maternity clothes and children clothing but I think the Hollywood designers sent those beside wedding dresses and bridesmaid dresses. But I just wanted you try on a few here too to see if we can find any nicer ones."

Adele was shocked " You mean those boxes are full of wedding clothes, maternity clothing and children clothes. You are out of your mind."

Francesco spoke " You will thank me when the time comes. After I pop the question and when you say yes .... hopefully gladly or with some persuasion, then we will get married instantly. When that happens I would want to spend as much time as possible with you. Shopping takes time. I spend most of my time on business affairs and the little time I have is spent on family should really not be shopping. I am on holiday now. But from next week you won't see much of me since I go to work and so will you .... If you still want to manage that hospital. Now how about trying some fur coats."

Adele shook her head " We have already got many Coates in the basket. No thanks. I hate fur anyways and I am tired,"

Francesco's expression softened " You are tired sweetheart. I am sorry. But we had to do this. Now I am gonna take you somewhere to have something to eat and maybe you won't get too tired this time. Now get changed and we leave."