6. Why didn't I know?

Jesslyn's POV.

"Rae, don't you dare even think about it!" I warn to Rae, as I come out of the bathroom, tugging my top, covering my bathers underneath.

"But why?" She groans.

"Because, we're going to watch it together when I get back!" I explain for the tenth time. I bought the DVD 'The Fault In Our Stars' before I came. The poor thing hasn't seen the movie yet. Has she been living under a rock? I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

"Fine!" Rae huffs, making me laugh as I grab my swimming bag and mesh bag (it's a bag you put your flippers, kickboard, pull boys etc.).

"See you Rae! Let's just cross our fingers that they'll be tons of hot guys there!" I say winking. You don't know how to contain yourself Jesslyn.

"Oh, you'll be surprised..." She smirks. Wait, what? Before I could ask, she gently pushes me out the door. I see how it is! I sigh, walking out to the elevator.

Today was... long to say the least. Other than the fact that I have Jackson in Maths, Chemistry, Biology and Lifesaving, it was wonderful! Note the sarcasm.

I only have one subject with Luke: English. We didn't get to sit together, but he smiled and slightly waved at me! So I'm guessing Jackson hasn't told him! Thank god, or the boy would have been brutally murdered.

It bugs me though, I have four subjects with... the thing... while I only have one subject with Rae and Abi: English. English is officially my new favourite subject.

But what really bothers me is that Jackson is smart. Smarter than me. What the hell? I don't know how he is.

Anyway, I arrive at the swimming centre, and holly jeepers, it humongous!

I quickly walk inside, checking the time: 6:37. Oh good, I have 10 minute- WHOA, 6:37? I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE HERE AT 6:15. OH MY JELLY BEANS.

I quickly run through, trying to find the girls change rooms, while trying to look composed as all these good looking guys walk past. Oh how I love swimming, wink wink. 

Oh my god, I can't find the change rooms.

"Oh, hi! Um, can you tell me where the change rooms are?" I ask a girl, not bothering to look at her, until- Oh jeepers, its Miss Meanie Pie.

Well, Mia to be exact. She swims. Why? Now I have to see all the time!

"Oh, over there, through the right, then first door to the left!" She says. "Oh, you're that girl I kinda got in trouble. Soz. Let's start... fresh?" She asks, but walks on before I reply.

Fine then, we'll start again, fresh. I quickly follow her directions and not bother to take in my surroundings as I dump my bags all there, before racing out to find my new coach. I see a huge group of people, doing dry land (It's just doing push ups, sit ups, running laps etc. before or after you get into the pool. In this case, before).

I make my way there, fixing my ponytail. I just love how there's one whole group of guys, while there two groups of girls; one group looks like the nice group, the other like the stuck up mean girls, and no surprise, Mia's in that group.

I see a lady there, having a go at the guys for not doing push ups and just sitting there. Typical boys; they're all the same, from Australia to America. The lady suddenly turns to me, softening her expression, before she stares at me with a stern expression.

"I'm Jesslyn McCarthy, I'm-" I start to introduce myself, only to get cut off by her.

"The new scholarship girl. Yes, I know. I'm Lisa, your coach. Now, what year are you in?" She asks. Oh, um, I don't know. I'm in year 11 in Australia, so what is that called here in America?