Curse in disguise (31)

Start from the beginning

I started walking from one side to the other again.

-I wanted to do this fast, but you know what? I can't. You fucked up my life for 3 fucking months.

Remembering everything that I felt while Camila was in a coma was not easy. The sleepless nights I spent looking at the ceiling, wondering if I would have her back. Every morning when I'd get out of bed, I'd go to the hospital, but I couldn't go in. All the reckless drunkenness that made me have sex with random women. But none of them were enough for me, they weren't Camila. The anger was growing stronger inside me, if that was possible. My eyes began to water due to the memories of those 3 horrible months.

-You almost took away from me one of the people I love most in this world. – I said, turning my back to Brow.

I couldn't look at him and talk about love at the same time. I ran the back of my hand on my face, preventing the tears from falling. I need to be strong and show who's in charge.

-Operation Haiti, do you remember?

I turned back to face him, who looked at me with fear. I inched closer, putting the knife close to his face, to then remove the gag again. I needed to hear him.

-I... Ye... Yes, I remember. – I stammered.

-What else do you remember? – I asked as I walked away from Brow and stroked the metal handle of the small knife that was in my hand, my thumb outlining the detailed design of the object.

-WHAT ELSE DO YOU REMEMBER? – I screamed.

I squeezed the handle of the knife, and with the fury that my body possessed, from afar, I threw the knife without even aiming. The object fully hit the man's arm and he howled in pain. I went to the table where I left my knife set and grabbed another one, and in long strides I approached the man again, he wouldn't stop screaming.

-You won't want another one, will you? – I asked, touching the tip of the knife on his face.

I dragged it down a few centimeters, forming a thin tear on his skin. By the cut, blood ran down his face. He groaned in pain.

-As you wish.

I plunged the other knife on his other outstretched arm. And then, in quick steps, I grabbed another knife and returned to my previous position.

-Another one?

-N... No! No! I'll talk! I'll talk! Please!

He was already crying, in pain and shame. God, how this part was pathetic. I tossed my hair to the side, totally impatient. Until he began speak:

-I shot a young officer. I... I... I shot her.

The man was crying.

-Exactly. You shot her.

The feeling of déjà vu hit me fully. I remembered when I was with Sté. For some reason, I'm sure that it was in that moment that Camila had been shot. I found myself looking at a random spot in the warehouse. I shook my head to push away the memories.

-The cop is my girl. And no one hurts my girl. – I said before sticking the knife in his leg.

By far, this was the most personal work that I had ever done.

As he groaned and cussed me, I went to my mini bar and poured myself a glass of Whiskey. I didn't wait another minute to take three big sips of the best drink ever invented. The distilled liquid went down my throat easily and without causing any discomfort.

-Tell me that that bitch died! Tell me! You cunt! – he shouted, but thanks to my loud music playing, I couldn't hear much – Come on!

I approached him again with my glass of Whiskey in hand. I took another big sip to contain the desire I had to silence that piece of shit.