Chapter 58:When Life Gets Hard

Alan-

The sun slowly rises, bringing down bits of sunlight into the Floridian city. I'm out on the balcony of the penthouse, bored and worried. Yesterday was the day where so many of us almost died. Fortunately, we didn't lose anyone. Sharkutt's army of Shiners also didn't lose a member. We did lose Maddy, though. Everett told me that a Shiner from Sharkutt's army took her.

I was able to heal Josh, but now he's been put into a coma. We don't know when he will wake up, or if he will wake up. Today is Thanksgiving and Mack bought everything required for a great dinner.

"I'm too depressed to eat." Seven says to herself. She's sitting beside me and is talking to herself. She's insane and was like that when I met her. The girl seriously needs to be placed into a mental hospital.

The sliding glass doors open and Pete steps outside the apartment. He's fully-dressed for some reason.

"Why are you dressed?" I ask him, studying his navy blue jacket he's wearing. He's wearing dark clothes and Roberto stands behind him, also donning dark clothes and a jacket."Where are you two going?"

"We're going to kill my dad." Roberto says, his voice void of all emotion.

"Are you serious about this? He's your adoptive father." I tell Roberto. He opens his mouth to speak when a red dot appears on his forehead.

"What the-?" I begin to say, then I stare in shock as a bullet tears through Roberto's forehead. I look and see Mathew kneeling on the top of the building across from us. Mathew fires again, sending a bullet into my arm.

"Get inside the apartment!" I shout to everyone, except for Roberto who is dead. Everyone agrees with me as we head into the penthouse.

"What's going on?" Tracy asks me, her eyes widening when she spots the bullet buried into my arm.

"We're being attacked, someone must of betrayed us," I say to her. Then I give her an awkward one-armed hug with my uninjured arm."Tell Anthony to drive you to safety in his Porsche."

Tracy hugs me, Anthony arrives and whisks her away from me. I'm calling out for everyone to wake up, when Mathew collides with me. He's wearing something different, instead of being dressed in the dark clothes I seen him wearing on the rooftop of the building nearby, he's dressed in blue pajama pants and a white sleeveless shirt.

"What the hell?!" I shout in his face, shoving him into the bathroom door.

"Dude, what did I do?" He asks me, playing dumb. I yank him by the front of his shirt, lifting him a feet above the ground. He seems to be deep in thought as he stares into the distance.

"My twin brother, I seen him last night. He was watching the battle in a tree. He's the one who's attacking, it has to be since you think it's me." Mathew explains. I gently set him back down, whispering an apology.

"Well, who's the traitor?" I ask him.

"I don't know, I'm going to get dressed and brush my teeth." He tells me, running off. I continue to shout for everyone to awaken. Almost everybody is awake when Mathew's twin bolts into the living room.

"Bro, look we can help you. Surely you don't want to kill your own sibling." Mathew pleads to his brother. Mathew's twin looks down at the silver spear in his hands. He seems to be mulling it over, then turns back to Mathew.

"Hopefully, this kills you." Mathew's twin says, effectively ending his brother's pleading. The twin aims the spear at Mathew's chest. Before he can do anything, a giant muscular fox bites into him and I watch as they crash through the wall. The fox was obviously Hank.