Chapter 52:Starting Business

Alan-

I awake to a door being slammed shut. When I open my eyes, I see a Nitave holding a bag of chips, that she throws at my feet. When she's gone, I fling the bag across the room, where it explodes on impact against the wall.

I don't want to live anymore. My dad is dead because of me and the guilt is too much. A few minutes later, the Nitave from before comes back into my cell. She looks at the scattered chips and shakes her head.

"Bring her in!" The Nitave yells to someone outside the door. A teenaged girl with brown hair is pushed inside the room. Then the Nitave leaves the cell, slamming the door behind her.

Escape is not a possibility. The red bubble that prevented me from using my powers has now spread throughout the entire room. This situation reminds me of how I first got into this mess, when I was first imprisoned by the Nitaves.

But now it's different because, I am suicidal.

The girl pays no attention to me, as she stares at the wall.

"I'm Aleah," The girl finally says after about a hour of silence. I'm not even sure if it's been a hour, I can't keep track of time."You're Alan, right?"

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask her. She's lying on the bed, with her eyes focused on me.

"You're kinda like a boogeyman to the Nitaves, you and those other two guys you were with." Aleah replies. I think back to the time I spent with Kyle and Pete-we did strike fear in the Nitaves."Plus you're the great Shiner King."

"Plus I got my dad killed," I tell her."And my best friend named Josh, and countless other friends, because of a deal I made with Mersidion."

Aleah gasps."You made a deal with Mersidion?!"

"Relax, it was to save a girl I loved named Emily," I tell her."Mersidion was also her father. He told me that if I allowed Josh to be killed, he would spare Emily's life. I went to sleep and woke up to the sounds of a battle. When I rushed upstairs, almost everyone was dead, including Emily. My father was killed during the battle outside the mansion. Then he announced me Shiner King before he died."

Aleah sighs."Sorry for my outburst. And I'm sorry about your dad and Emily."

"It's okay," I say, eyeing a plastic bag in the corner of the room."I'll be dead soon, then the guilt will go away."

I walk over to the plastic bag and put over my face. Seconds later, I hear Aleah's footsteps then she removes the bag from my head.

"You are not going to kill yourself!" She yells urgently, gripping my shoulders."You have so much to live for."

I sigh and shrug her hands away. Then I sit down and put my hands over my face.

I remove my hands and say,"Nothing matters anymore. My dad is dead and who's to say that my mom and little sister haven't been murdered by the Nitaves? Whatever happens, happens."

The depression is really getting to me, so I shut my eyes-wishing I would just die and never come back. I feel two arms wrap around me. My eyes open and I see Aleah hugging me. I embrace her and the door opens.

Me and Aleah pull away. Sharkutt strides into the room, three Nitaves flanking him-blasters and swords in hand. A girl stands beside beside Sharkutt, she's dressed in a Nitave outfit. Her brown hair is short and she's gorgeous.

I rush towards Sharkutt. The Nitaves aim their blasters at me, but Sharkutt orders them not to fire. My fist is only inches from Sharkutt's face, when he speaks.

"Brooke." Sharkutt says. The brown-haired girl produces a green fireball and hurls it at me. I pull back my fist and roll into the ground as the green flames engulf me."That's enough."