Chapter 47:Background

Alan-

I wake up in the abandoned barn in Germany. Kyle got exhausted while we flew, so we crash-landed. Kyle wanted to visit Germany because he missed it.

"Great, you're up." Kyle tells me. I crane my head and see Kyle sitting nearby, drawing on a notebook.

I get to my feet and Will is at my side in seconds.

"He's always protective," Kyle says, studying Will."When he's not watching you sleep, he's outside patrolling-making sure Nitaves aren't out there."

I smile at Will as he morphs into his Tiger form.

"How much do you know about them?" I ask Kyle."You know, Miken. How much knowledge do you have of them?"

"The Nitaves see them as a serious threat," Kyle says."They also can morph into monstrous forms-true beasts."

Will begins to grow. His irises change into a bluish-green color, his fur drops to the floor, replaced by a shiny silver, his black stripes move until they're one single circle on his back. Wings sprout from his back and his canines grow until they're one foot long. His body is now slender and he's become wider. Even on all fours is height is eight feet.

Will still looks like a Tiger, but instead with wings and more beast like.

"And that's why I'm glad he's on our side," Kyle says all giddy."Now, time to see more of Germany, not just this crappy barn."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four-

Jace arrives around noon. He comes back with two new additions to the army. Both new members have auburn hair. The boy is tall, muscular, and threatening-looks like Jace has a new rival. The girl is short-probably eleven or twelve years old.

"I am Chase, this is my sister Jen," The auburn-haired boy tells us."We're siblings and Jace didn't save us when he killed our Nitave captor, I was just waiting when the time was right to smash her head in."

"What?" Jace says, angrily."I saved your life back there!"

Chase waves him away."Just get out of here."

Jace grabs a pencil from his pocket, it quickly becomes a short metal knife. Chase isn't injured when Jace jabs the knife into Chase. I watch in amazement as the knife doesn't break Chase's skin at all.

"Just like Everett, I'm immune to sharp things," Chase says.

"How'd you know about him?" Jace asks, suspiciously."How do you know him if he was a traitor."

"I was in California, destroying a Nitave base when I encountered him," Chase replies. Then he points to a long scar on his cheek."He gave me this scar. It's been two years and still, I want to kill him."

"He's dead." I reply. My mind flashes back to when I saw Everett's dead body outside Cole and London's home.

"That's a good thing." Chase says, striding over to the sofa and lifting it with ease."No one get in my bad side, I can easily take down everyone in this room."

Unnerved by Chase's aggression, Mary moves closer to me. Like a scared little girl, she takes me hand. Chase turns to her and I think they had a dangerous encounter in life before.

"Can we talk?" I whisper to her. She nods and we head to my bedroom.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asks me, taking a seat on my bed.