Chapter 5:Answers

Alan-

The man and I continue walking. I hate how he never says anything.

" Who are you?" I ask.

" My name is Trevor Raker. I was imprisoned at that place, all of a sudden the ground began to tremble and shake, the ground below my cell door collapsed, and I jumped out. I seen you hooked up to a machine, shaking. I unstrapped you, and took you here. Right after we escaped, the ground began to separate, and the base went crumbling down." He explains.

" Well, thanks. But I want to know where we are going." I say.

" Wait here." He says.

Trevor runs behind some trees, he returns with three humanoid shadows flanking him. What the hell? The shadows produce white swords.

" How could you?" I ask, glaring at Trevor.

" Sorry, they promised me a large amount of money." He says in a depressed tone.

Another man steps out from the trees, he holds a briefcase in his right hand.

" Thanks for the help Trevor." The man says, handing him the briefcase.

Trevor flashes me a look of pity, then dashes away. The man takes off his sunglasses, revealing a pair of eyes with brown irises. The shadows take a few steps closer. I back away, my heart thumping in my chest at a rapid place.

Then I realize that I shouldn't be scared, I have a mystical ability that I kill people with. I focus on the ground, but the moment I try to make a hole, I fall to the ground. I feel incredibly weak. Do I have to wait for it to recharge?

One of the shadows raises his sword, a dark cloud begins to form in the sky. The shadow thrusts the sword, then the sound of thunder pierces my ears. I'm to weak to run. The shadow moves over to me, the sword raised in the air.

A gunshot is heard, the shadow falls to the ground. The darkness literary washes away into a thick black liquid, revealing the identity of the " shadow", a man. Well not exactly a man, he's one of the wierd-eyed species. Whatever they are.

The rest of the shadows are also shot down and killed. Their commander watches in shock. He pivots around, and begins to run. He is also shot and killed. Josh appears from behind the bushes, he's holding a pistol in his right hand.

"Josh!" I yell, excited. He doesn't respond.

His face is serious, almost mean-looking.

" Shut up!" He says, grabbing my neck.

He punches me.

" What the hell?" I ask, confused.

He lunges at me, punching me in the face repeatedly. I push him off me, grabbing his pistol.

" Just die already!" He shouts

I shoot him. Josh doesn't seem to notice. He rushes at me, letting the blood leak from his arm. I club him with the gun, he still keeps fighting. Josh jabs me in the face, then the forehead.

" What's wrong with you?!" I shout.

I attempt to open the ground, it takes all my strength, but I manage to open a five foot long, and five foot wide hole. I push Josh inside, then close it, the upper part of his body is exposed. On his neck is a red collar, I tear it off.

Josh's look of rage shifts into something new. He looks scared and confused.

" Alan? Where am I?" He asks. I hesitate.

" Alan?"

" I thought you were dead." I say.

" No, I remember that Nitave threw you, then he shot me in the chest, it was to paralyze me, not to kill me." He says. " Then he put a collar on me, and said ' Kill'."

" Alan, I'm sorry." Josh says," I was being mind-controlled."

" What's a Nitave?" I ask. Josh takes a deep breathe.

" They come from a dimension different from ours, they want to take over this planet. They are going to kill the Shiners first, then the humans." Josh responds.

" What's a Shiner?" I ask.

" Shiners are humans who were hit by something called a Star, after you're hit by one, you gain a variety of different powers. The Nitaves know that the Shiners can stop their world domination plan, so they want to kill you, and me." Josh explains.

" Are you one?" I ask.

" Yes." He says, I realize he's no longer trapped in the ground.

I turn around and see him behind me. He must have teleported.

" Where do the Stars come from?" I ask.

" The Nivates don't know this, but once a year three magic bird-like creatures die in the Nivate's dimension, their dead bodies teleport to Earth, manifesting as lights. The lights contain the powers of the magical birds, when a human is hit by one, they get the powers. Stars usually fall once a year, because the Nitaves have a specific day where they kill three of the magical birds."

I remember seeing the lights in the sky last night, I wonder who else got the power of the other two lights.

" Let's go." Josh says," I need your help with a mission."

Josh removes the bullet from his arm, then winces as the blood begins to flow from the wound.

"Don't worry," He tells me."My sister can heal this."