Prologue

>>>>>Rhiannon<<<<<

Prologue

Rhiannon's POV-

I think you already know my name, but as long as I am sharing my whole past with you, may as well say it again. My name is Rhiannon Rose Karlyn Botello. I usually stick with Rhiannon instead of Rhiannon Rose, which is my first name together. Though Vienne does tend to call me Rhi-Rhi.

I am currently 25-years-old and mateless because I was rejected. Why? Because I am apparently a teen mom. I say apparently because I am a virgin.

Now, this is not like Jane The Virgin where I was impregnated for some stupid, mistaken reason. No, I am the mother figure of my younger sister, Vienne whom I mentioned already.

Let's explain some things so you understand. I was born under the care of married mates, Icarus and Eva Botello. However, when I was six, my father died. He was the head warrior, and it was tragic to our pack. My uncle, on his side, the Alpha got revenge on his brother's death and killed the hunter that killed him.

A few months after my father's death, my mother started...let's call it seeing the Beta of the pack. He was definitely not a bad looking man, but I wouldn't have done what she did in her situation. Far too soon in the grieving process for people to even wonder if she ever was grieving, my mother was sleeping with the Beta.

So, I was left to my own devices while my mother spent her days wearing skimpy clothes, clinging to the Beta, and doing things that should have only been done with my father. I would go to school, do my homework, and then do as I pleased with the mothers in the pack house. Some taught me how to cook, some taught me how to paint, and some taught me how to play the piano. Most of these women were the human mates who couldn't have children of their own since werewolves can't have children of their own with humans.

I remember the day my mother told me she was pregnant. I was overjoyed and prayed for a sister and that's what I got. A sister with dark blond hair and gorgeous blue eyes. I have dark chocolate hair and matching brown eyes. My facial structure I received from my mother. I was thankful that Vienne seemed to get my mother's hair and eyes and facial structure.

So it was like she was my father's daughter, too. Though if she actually was his daughter, I have a feeling she would've had my eyes as well.

But, she looked close enough to me that people assumed she was my daughter.

Why? Because I was the one who cared for her. She never breastfed, but she was fine with a bottle. I was the one who walked her in a stroller, and I was the one who changed her diapers. I dealt with every tantrum and every crying fit.

The only help I had raising her was with the human women who practically raised me. They helped me shop for all her clothes, and take care of the home I grew up in that wasn't the pack house. My father had built a cottage a bit farther in the woods and away from the pack house. So that's where I lived. My mother stayed with the Beta in his house, which was next door to the pack house. The Alpha's mansion was a few minutes away from my cottage.

They are and always have been so kind to me and I am thankful to have ever met them.

Anyway, when people saw a fifteen-year-old girl suddenly appear with a baby, they all assumed she was mine. The rumor is slowly disintegrating as the women who helped me explained my situation. As sensible women, they're trusted, to tell the truth.

Vienne and I, like all kids, did in the pack, went to high school. The high school housed humans, my pack, and another pack. I got an education, and could've gone to college and escape but this was the only place Vienne had ever known.

So I stayed. I graduated high school when Vienne was going into kindergarten. It was nice to have her gone for a while because I got to catch up on the sleep I missed while she was an infant and a toddler.

As Vienne grew, she grew more beautiful. her skin had a natural glow, and her eyes were as blue as the Caribbean sea at night. Hair grew long, thick, and plentiful and it was fun to try styles because she always looked good in them.

She has her own bathroom since she stays in my bedroom from when my mother and father slept in the master, but since neither are there anymore, I moved my things into the master, left my mother's things on the pack house porch, and placed my father's things in the attic.

Vienne is ten-years-old now, and I am 25. I am still mateless, as I mentioned at the start because I was rejected.

I was 17, one year after I shifted and when most wolves found their mates. The one thing I hated about wolves was that the male knew first. He had to make eye contact with you, and then he had to touch you to know and I hated that I was such an outsider, and kept my head down most of the time.

There were only around five people I raised my head to greet. The Alpha, my uncle, has twins that are the same age as me. The boy, Dean, is currently the Alpha. My uncle stepped down when Dean turned 20. His sister, Stephanie, is the pack doctor and my only friend, despite being my cousin. Then there were Stephanie's two friends, who considered me their friend because I was family to Stephanie. Their names are Lucy and Kane.

Last, there was Jazon. He always loved to brag about how special his name was, even though it's just the Polish version of Jason. Anyway, he was always knd to me, since he was the son of the Beta and my mother was kind of like his step-mother since his mother was killed in the same battle my father was killed in.

He was my mate, and I don't reall remember what happened, just that he subtly dragged me to an empty class room and rejected me. I knew my mate would reject me because everyone at the highschool still thought I was a teen mom.

Hell, they always watched me leave my sister with the human women in the pack house while I went to school.

So, I was rejected. And now, I spend my time as a nurse in the infirmary with Steph while Vienne goes to school. She's finishing fourth grade, and will be going into fifth.

I wonder what mysteries this year will bring...